• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Jeff's First Bobcats

Jeff is new to the world of thermal and had some questions about his new scope that I had been answering for him. He graciously invited me out hog hunting with him as a result. Well, the hog hunting did not turn out as planned, but Jeff shot 2 bobcats within a few minutes of one another. We weren't trying to call in predators, though I did try to slow down the first one with some lip squeaking. It was not impressed.

Jeff shot well. I don't know how it was that the first bobcat got very far, but despite looking for it twice that night and Jeff looking for it today, it was not to be found. We had a blood trail that petered out after 20 yards or so, then nothing. Jeff thinks maybe it made it into a tree and died and we just weren't seeing it. I don't know. It is just gone.

The second bobcat took two shots, the second shot finishing it off. Jeff could not have been more happy!

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 11-01-2017, 01:34 AM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

Thank you for the fine videos!

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

DNS - Your usual AWESOME videos! Well enjoyed!

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Awesome video DNS!!!

We used to see/hunt bobcats all the time here in ME when making Yote stands...

Now we have this huge Lynx infestation, and if we shoot/trap a Lynx by accident or on purpose it's worse than trapping/shooting a person..

Some people claim they can easily tell the difference, but at dark/dusk at 200 yards away I certainly cant.. who knows how many bobcat ive let walk away in fear of being crucified by the warden service.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Thanks guys!

Yeah, we only have bobcats here, though they are the same genus as the lynx (Lynx rufus vs. Lynx canadensis). So we have no issue with making the distinction with only one choice...but I don't know that you could via thermal at all, particularly given the difficulty you noted with using (what I assume) would be normal eyesight or daylight optics.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
          X