• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

NEW Sierra 150gr .264 SMK

Not exactly Grendel sauce, but I have a 6.5x257 Weathrerby with 650 round downrage...(in other words ready for a rebarrel)

I'm thinking going 3400fps I could get away with an 1:8 twist
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Just saw this new 6.5mm bullet yesterday. They have the same sauce in 6mm and 7mm, about time they did 6.5mm.

At SHOT Show 2017, I pitched to the Sierra guys at the booth that they needed to put that amazing 6mm ogive on 6.5mm. They looked at each other and winked. But I was a little disappointed when company president spoke up and said they were gonna focus on the hotter selling heavier weights like the 140s.

I wanna see Sierra cut out a chunk of bearing surface while keeping that gorgeous nose and make it a 123gr — or less! Then we'll be cookin' with gas!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Wow - they've published some pretty zippy load numbers for the S'more. Looks like it's bearing surface is a lot shorter than the 142s.

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Off-topic... but the 130gr tmk... with such a low b.c for a tipped 130gr match bullet I really really REALLY wish they would have scrapped that project and got down to a 115-123gr projectile and kept the tip.

The 69gr TMK is an absolute grenade on varmints.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
          really really REALLY wish they would have scrapped that project and got down to a 115-123gr projectile and kept the tip
          Word.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• PGW Steve
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2017

I used to play with the 155 SMK about 20 years ago when I built my first .260. They were pretty long and blunt, but that rifle liked them. I think I have 75 or so still left from a 500 count box.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Steve, didn't even know there was such a thing!

Comment

• PGW Steve
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

I just checked, I do have some of these left, 1.441" OAL....sitting beside them on the shelf was some Lapua 6.5mm 144gr FMJ, 1.298" OAL. I know the 144's are pretty heavy for the Grendel, and I didn't see it on the bullet list, but a heavy FMJ does have some use ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X