• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alientrainwreck
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Howdy Everyone from eastern Oklahoma

Howdy all. I'm retired law enforcement after being shot a couple times I was forced to stop working at a fairly young age because of medical problems from the shooting so now I just mostly Reload and play with all my guns I hunt a lot mostly pigs and coyote . And I love my 6.5 Grendel build.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Thanks for your service and welcome.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Welcome to the forum, and thank you very much for your service.

Tell us more about your Grendel! Can't leave us hanging like that!

Comment

• alientrainwreck
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2017

Well I used a stag lower, Hogue furniture, 20 inch Grendel 2 stainless flutted barrel with rifle length gas system and bolt from moriatti arms and I hand lapped the barrel myself, using a aero precision BCG, got a enhanced single stage trigger and Vortex glass and 15 inch free float handguard with some Magpul accessories and I'm using sac mags I think that's about it. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will.

Comment

• alientrainwreck
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2017

Here is my Grendel.
          Attached Files

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum alientrainwreck! Nice looking Grendel, retired LE here, my career now his helping my Daughter and Son in Law who are both active LE with three young boys. That and shooting are my priorities now and I’m not complaining.

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Welcome to the board, ATW. Your Grendel sure is a pretty thing.

It also appears you're holding out on us. Those are some pretty saucy peppers in the background, there. Appears you may be preparing some Pico de Gallo or the like. What part of the Southwest are you in?
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Texas
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum alientrainwreck, and thank you for your service. Where in Eastern Oklahoma?

Does that rifle shoot as good as it looks?

Comment

• alientrainwreck
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2017

I live in the stoney point area in sequoyah county almost in Arkansas about 15 miles from ft.Smith Ark. The way thecrow flys. Thanks for liken my rifle it can out shoot me for sure but I average .7"@ 100 with factory 123sst ammo and a little better with my handloads from a setting sandbag position. Ya I am a bit of a pepper belly.

Comment

• alientrainwreck
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2017

Vascar2, Did I read somewhere on here that you had loaded some of the Sierra 100gn varminter bullets or am I mistaken. I just acquired a few hundred from a friend that didn't have a 6.5 anymore and I'm fixing to work up a load the only data I have says the c.o.a.l is 2.200 and that just seems long for that bullet so I plunk tested a round and it hit the lands at 2.204 I was thinking about loading it at 1.800 o.a.l , do you have any thoughts on this or now someone on the forum that would. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• just_john
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2012

ATW - Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas! Beautiful piece of hardware, well done! I've got in-laws all over the place all around you, love that part of the country from Poteau up to Muskogee.

Comment

• Texas
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                        ATW - Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas! Beautiful piece of hardware, well done! I've got in-laws all over the place all around you, love that part of the country from Poteau up to Muskogee.
                        I think I am related to half of Leflore county

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by alientrainwreck View Post
                          Vascar2, Did I read somewhere on here that you had loaded some of the Sierra 100gn varminter bullets or am I mistaken. I just acquired a few hundred from a friend that didn't have a 6.5 anymore and I'm fixing to work up a load the only data I have says the c.o.a.l is 2.200 and that just seems long for that bullet so I plunk tested a round and it hit the lands at 2.204 I was thinking about loading it at 1.800 o.a.l , do you have any thoughts on this or now someone on the forum that would. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• alientrainwreck
                            Unwashed
                            • Oct 2017

VASCAR2 , Thanks for that information it sounds like you and me are operating on the same page. Thanks again I'm hoping to get a good coyote round loaded up to shoot out to around 350 yards with the 100gn varminter, my buddy just gave me some more this morning so I got 800 of them now so I hope everything works out. My friend was loading them for a 264 win mag so he wasn't any help at all.

Comment

• alientrainwreck
                              Unwashed
                              • Oct 2017

TEXAS and JUST_John , we may be kin cause I got family and friends all over Texas and all my gun buddies around my part of the state we all seem to kinda hang together. When I look of my porch to the south I see the poteau mountains or hills their mountains to me.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X