• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by alientrainwreck View Post
    VASCAR2 , Thanks for that information it sounds like you and me are operating on the same page. Thanks again I'm hoping to get a good coyote round loaded up to shoot out to around 350 yards with the 100gn varminter, my buddy just gave me some more this morning so I got 800 of them now so I hope everything works out. My friend was loading them for a 264 win mag so he wasn't any help at all.

That’s kind of funny as a Friend gave me a few 85 grain and 100 grain Sierra varmints out of his stash for his 264 Win Mag. In his earlier years he shot a lot of ground hogs/marmouths with Sierra Varminters. After seeing how good they shot I’ve bought a few pounds of Sierra factory seconds which still shoot very good. Reminds me I need to make another trip back to the Sierra factory outlet store. Sounds like your going to have some dandy coyote medicine!

Comment

• alientrainwreck
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      That’s kind of funny as a Friend gave me a few 85 grain and 100 grain Sierra varmints out of his stash for his 264 Win Mag. In his earlier years he shot a lot of ground hogs/marmouths with Sierra Varminters. After seeing how good they shot I’ve bought a few pounds of Sierra factory seconds which still shoot very good. Reminds me I need to make another trip back to the Sierra factory outlet store. Sounds like your going

to have some dandy coyote medicine!
      Ya I think I've got a good starting point I'm gonna start at 28gns of H335 and a o.a.l of 2.160 that will be a .044 jump with the 100gn varminter bullet. I just hope my gun likes them because I haven't shot anything lighter than 123gn from it, it's 20" 1-8 twist I'll be chronagraphing each step of my ladder. I wonder what velocity I should be trying to hit for best accuracy I'm thinking around 2750fps but we'll see. I'll be using once fired Hornady brass and cci 450 primers and Starting with 28.0gns of H335 and a o.a.l of 2.160 with the 100gn varminter.

Comment

• alientrainwreck
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2017

I got a email today from midway that they were having a sale on Sierra Bullets I went and looked for any factory seconds but no luck. I was hoping to score a stash of heavier matchkings and prohunters or gamekings.

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Also keep an eye on [ http://www.shootersproshop.com/ ] - it is a/the factory outlet for Nosler and often have some pretty good sales.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I’ve never seen Sierra blem bullets for sale at normal retail locations. Midway sells unidentified blem bullets where the manufacture is not disclosed. There might be some Sierra’s mixed in that I’ve missed. Sierra has a factory outlet store where they sell factory seconds. A Friend has been going to Sedalia for several years to buy bullets from the outlet store. The bullets are sold by the pound.

If you ever get up that way it is worth going to the factory. Sierra gives factory tours and I have had very good results with the blem bullets.

Comment

• Troutguide
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

Welcome. An Okie born in Muskogee here. Parents have lived in Cherokee county all my life. Still do most of my hunting there. This is a fun place and a fun caliber, enjoy.
              "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• alientrainwreck
                Unwashed
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Troutguide View Post
                Welcome. An Okie born in Muskogee here. Parents have lived in Cherokee county all my life. Still do most of my hunting there. This is a fun place and a fun caliber, enjoy.
                I got some land on sallisaw creek that lays about a mile from the cookson hills game refuge and joins the shagbark hunting ranch just allmost in Cherokee county coming from the marble city way,but ya it really is some good huntin

Comment

• alientrainwreck
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                  Also keep an eye on [ http://www.shootersproshop.com/ ] - it is a/the factory outlet for Nosler and often have some pretty good sales.
                  Ya I will thanks for the link I hadn't ever been there before.

Comment

Working...
                  X