• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IescapedCali
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Home on the range

Went to the range this weekend. Took a couple trips, because the range got busy, and I don't need the pressure of having a crowd hovering over me, waiting for the space. My BCA 20" side-charging upper did fine. 2 light primer strikes, and 1 failure to feed, which all occurred with Wolf steel ammo. The rifle seems to prefer the Hornady 123gr to the Wolf, based on the above, plus what took place down range. Granted, the scope was just installed this week, and it's not a high-$ mount, but the Wolf seemed to be all over the paper. With the Hornady, I managed a 3" group at 100 yards (that's on me, not the rifle. It's clearly capable of more than I am at the moment). When I moved the target out to 200 yards, I eventually got a 3 shot group inside 4" (again, I know I'm impressing precisely no one with my skills). So, my summary is that I need an ammo sponsor, probably a better scope mount, and my wife to understand that I'll be at the range for the foreseeable future.
  • Six5x39
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

sounds like good time at the range . I can't wait my lower to get out of jail ( this sunday)

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Lol we all have those days..

What kind of scope/mount are you using currently?

I've entertained a BCA aide charging upper myself for awile now..

Comment

• IescapedCali
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

The scope is an older Redfield Widefield 3-9, on a Nikon mount. Being a slow-budget assembly of parts, I used what was sitting on a shelf, so I could get shooting. The savings and research toward a more appropriate setup has begun.

Comment

Working...
        X