• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

"Leaving the Property" Boar

I just love to get these, especially after seeing a bunch of nothing for 4 hours. You know how it is, you think nothing is moving, your hunt is over, so you creep out of the property, hoping to see a hog or coyote that might give you a shot, but not really expecting anything to happen because that is exactly how the rest of the night has gone. Well, I came around a corner and spied a bunch of animals out in front of me. A couple were up and I could see long necks, meaning they were not hogs. Some were bedded down and I could see their heads popped up above the grass - not hogs. Some were grazing, but one of the grazing animals was moving around quite a bit more than the others and I watched him for about 30 seconds before I decided that he may be a hog and that I needed to get closer...

And yeah, I said "fuel truck blind" in the video. One of the elevated stands on the property is built over the front end of an old fuel truck that had its cab removed, LOL.
    Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 11-01-2017, 01:34 AM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Nice video.

Comment

• Turnerco
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2017

Glad to see another one gone. I hunt further south east from you in the jasper/kirbyville area, and it seems like over the last two years the hog population has gone from bad to worse where we are at. Doesn't seem to bother the deer where you are, wish I could say the same for where we are at.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

DNS- Sounds like some major help is needed down your way ,,

Maybe DNS could open up a hotel - or motel- condos? Luxury RV's- , a many of us could come on down, in an alphabetized order, in stages to help mow these things down. ?

Sign me up . Roll the Letter dice weekly to see who's up next dude. Alphabetized , by a drawing is fair. Any other ideas gang?

Nice shooting BTW- Fellow terminator guy. Fuel truck adds a new comical hunt stand idea.
        Last edited by sneaky one; 10-19-2017, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X