• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turnerco
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Joining from college station TX

Been wanting to pursue building a new upper for my ar platform that will get me out a little further than the 5.56, and after browsing this forum for a while, decided the 6.5 would be a great fit for what I am looking to do.

Ideally wanting to be able to take pigs and whitetail sized game at the 3-4 hundred yard range, and have already found some great information here on what i need in order to make it happen.

Never really been a fan of .308 ar setups, 6.8 and .300 blk don't really line up with my needs, so really looking forward to see what the 6.5 has to offer.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Turnerco!

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Turnerco from just south of the Red River. Our longest shot at a pig so far is 507 yards which took her down in her tracks. Last week took a 300+ pound boar with 100 gr sierra at 327 yards. You will find the Grendel suitable for anything in Texas!

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Turnerco - Welcome to the Clan!

Comment

• Turnerco
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2017

Ideally I would like to see 1k ft/lbs of energy at point of impact on whitetail, so I am thinking this should put me around 300 to 400 yards depending on the round. I am not as concerned with these numbers on the pigs as they are so numerous where we hunt I would settle for putting some holes in them.

Comment

Working...
          X