X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saturn
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

the 6.5x55 with the Hornady 160 RNSP kills like the hammer of Thor !

Comment

• Bruw
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2017

I'd hate to have to go one or the other, my favorite is both

Comment

• K280
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

I like my grendel, but for shooting PRS style matches in Kansas, I went .260 and now it has a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel (actually 2, but that's another story). I shot 3 matches with the grendel and realized that a 130 or 140 doing 2700-2800 was a better option. My 20" Tikka CTR isn't too bad to carry deer hunting, but the grendel get's the nod when I am calling coyotes and want the faster second shot. It is easier for me to shoot the Tikka accurately at longer ranges for sure.

Comment

• HowaGrendel
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2017

I recently purchased a 6mm Creedmoor, Ruger American Predator....scope should be here tomorrow, Athlon Helos BTF FFP.....hopefully get to shoot it this coming weekend.....

Comment

• PVBoom
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Apochromat View Post
            First I would like to say, that the apple is a great fruit. It is sweet, juicy, inexpensive, and experiencing a well deserved tidal wave of popularity. BUT, it has its traits that have made me decide to keep the Orange as my only fruit. It requires more chewing, it is more finicky about juicing, it seems to like heavier dseserts like pies.
            When all is said and done, I hope to have a dedicated breakfast beverage, a mixer for vodka. Out to 176 proof. A lightweight cake glaze, in the form of my Almond Pound Cake (once it is back from the confectioner), for entertaining. Jell-O will soon be in my fridge again in the guise of a 20 inch heavy gelatin citrus flavored pudding, topped with whipped creme for ... target shooting.
            William Tell eat your heart out.
            So long, Macintosh.
            What rubbish! Everyone knows cherries are tastier...

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by K280 View Post
              I like my grendel, but for shooting PRS style matches in Kansas, I went .260 and now it has a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel (actually 2, but that's another story). I shot 3 matches with the grendel and realized that a 130 or 140 doing 2700-2800 was a better option. ...
              Agreed, 2800 FPS with a BC of .7+ and 140+ grains does make things easier. a 1.5 MOA steel plate at 500 yards is a 15mph wind plate. Hard to miss.

I however am happy with the challenge, and am striving to get the recognition for the Grendel at a couple of monthly shoots. Handicapped to hell and back with a gas gun, and under powered compared to the rest of the shooters (all bolt guys), but I am working on it.
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
              X