• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by saturn View Post
    Uh, NO. Amazing how many people from CO reflect the Kalifornicated mind set that has wrecked a once fine state. Heck they voted for crooked hillary ---- what more need be said.

As to your point (wrong), I am "pumping" (whatever that means) nobody. I have looked all over the net at all the suggestions given here, and while no doubt great, they are just too expensive for a 1 moa upper.

As for being "thankful" ----- being thankful, doesn't mean you blindly follow anyone's advice ----- you say thanks (as I did) and add what they said to what knowledge is out there. I have no way to know if their advice is "experienced" ----- it's just someone's input. Just because it's on the "net" does not mean it's the last word.

You know what Ann Landers said.......
    saturn:

You ask our opinions then question them because you do not know if any of us is 'experienced'?

Not sure what Colorado and California have to do with a precision rifle barrel.

Please keep your comments focused on your topic.

LR55

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
      F/B = Face Book? - Not what I would call a reliable source for reviews.

If a guy wants to spend Ford Focus money and expect Ferrari performance....More power to him.

I spent $1800 on a complete upper, and I have to pick accuracy nodes in my load ladders from 8 different 5 shot groups, .3gr increments - .5 MOA to .9 MOA, while taking shooter error into account.

That is what I got for my insane amount of money spent.
      Sticks - He's talking about those particular sellers Feedback ratings. Still, doesn't answer the question regarding the shooting potential of listed barrels.

OP: By all means, buy what your instincts tell you too. If you get lucky, you can congratulate yourself on getting it right. If not, well that's the chance you took.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• saturn
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

Again ---- thanks for the advice.

Just bought 2 red pad Ruger No. 1s, so this project will be stalled for a bit.

Big sucker for exceptional wood red pads ! Both 26"s ! 06' off to jES to become a 35 W, not sure what I'll do with 243 ---- 6mm CM ?

ruger No 1s small.jpg

Comment

• js8588
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Many on this board have a somewhat hipster-ish approach to their guns. I say this as someone who shares that mentality. The 6.5 Grendel is, after all, too cool for the unwashed masses to appreciate

Go on certain other sites and they'll worship at the alter of Colt ARs or Russian AKs (or Wasrs, God forbid).

Personally, I wouldn't touch Radical Firearms. They're in the same league as Bear Creek (cheap, probably "good enough", but "buy once/cry once" is my mantra these days).

35w? Shoulda made it 9.3x62.
          6mm CM sounds good.

Comment

• saturn
            Banned
            • Oct 2017

Already have No. 1s in 9.3x74 and 9.3x62.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

I personally would go with quality over quantity given the amount of firearms you state you own. Bypass a Ruger #1 or two and invest in a quality Grendel upper rather than trying to save a few nickels and dimes on something generic. Buts that's probably my Kalifornicated mindset.
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Cornbread
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

Check out these barrels made by BHW. https://truesportingarmsllc.com/prod...5/6-5-grendel/
                They also chamber in 264 LBC which is what for what with the Grendel although it does not have the compound throat.

I have one in 18" and it's been about a 3/4 moa pole. Little better with some loads moa with others. Just make sure you verify the bolt face depth. the 264's are mainly .125. The Grendels are usually .135 but you need to verify. Mine is .125 and have had no issues. Also, ARP makes a good Grendel barrel but he is closed until mid November. I would not gamble on a cheap upper. You can spend more and get a Krieger,Lilja etc. But if you just need Moa these will be fine.
                I also got an email from Joe bobs on Faxon barrels. I know they have done some group buys.I can't vouch for them. I'm sure others here can. https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/6-5...eid=8b25633efc
                Last edited by Cornbread; 10-22-2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• js8588
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2017

Already have No. 1s in 9.3x74 and 9.3x62.
                  Awesome. 8mm Rem Mag then

Comment

• Bushwack44
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                    Saturn...please buy this Mid State Firearms upper so this thread can die. Let us know how it works out.
                    I have a Mid State Firearms complete upper in 6.5 Grendel. Works great. Accurately reaches out to 600 yards (as far as my range goes).

Comment

• saturn
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2017

Hmm Bushwack, guess a "rack grade" barrel a'int so bad after all.

On another site the Barrier Defense has also received positive reviews.

Took out 3 of my "rack grade" barreled rifles yesterday. X bolt 280 AI, Ruger American 270 wcf and R1 300 winmag.

Wrung them out for 5 hours. All shot sub MOA with several factory and handloads.

Just amazing such junk shoots so well !

Comment

• StoneHendge
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2016

Hmm Bushwack, guess a "rack grade" barrel a'int so bad after all.

On another site the Barrier Defense has also received positive reviews.

Took out 3 of my "rack grade" barreled rifles yesterday. X bolt 280 AI, Ruger American 270 wcf and R1 300 winmag.

Wrung them out for 5 hours. All shot sub MOA with several factory and handloads.

Just amazing such junk shoots so well !
                        Let's see some targets!
                        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• saturn
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2017

Targets ? Have lots. The 280AIs were FF loads.

DSCN5068.jpg

DSCN5074.jpg

DSCN4536.jpg

DSCN4614.jpg

35Wcastsmall.jpg

45-70 roundball.jpg 45-70 3 ball load @ 50 yds.

Hope you enjoyed them.

Do you have any ?
                          Last edited by saturn; 10-24-2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2016

I only shoot paper for load development, but I'll gladly take the opportunity to pimp some videos!

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• kmon
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                              Is it safe to assume that this guy is trying to pump the gunbroker listings? Not very thankful to those who have taken time to give experienced advice,
                              Agree

Comment

• brian y
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                                Is it safe to assume that this guy is trying to pump the gunbroker listings? Not very thankful to those who have taken time to give experienced advice,
                                Yes and all 3 did not sell so he did not buy one!!!
                                NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

Working...
                                X