• Keef
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

I think it's going to work.
    Picture with no magnification.
    20180112085306_IMG_0669-1500x1125.JPG

Pic at 160x.
    20180112085223_IMG_0667-1500x1125.JPG
    Picture will be clearer with tripod on a steady table instead of a car seat and if it wasnt drizzling. Also I can view the image on a tablet without having to take a picture.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Wow - does that do video too?
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Keef
        Warrior
        • Jun 2017

Yeah. It can record or it can put out a WiFi signal and live stream it. Should look good on the 12" tablet. Not bad for a camera that fits in a pants pocket!

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Make and model?

I still think you are going to be hard put to see a .25" hole in paper. It would be like trying to ID a nail holding those pallet planks on.

Paint spatter on a piece of steel would be doable.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Things are looking good! The right 'hi-viz' splatter type target might help makes things even more visible.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Keef
              Warrior
              • Jun 2017

The camera is a sx730v. Been very happy with it for normal pics.

Pic of bluebird in back yard 30yrs away holding camera in hand.
              20171228113729_IMG_0619-1500x1125.JPG

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

If I didn’t just have to replace 3 piles of iPoop, I’d be ordering one today. Just created a new YouTube Channel: Prairie Dog Reaper. Stay tuned this Spring!
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• IescapedCali
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Keef View Post
                  The camera is a sx730v. Been very happy with it for normal pics.

Pic of bluebird in back yard 30yrs away holding camera in hand.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]10774[/ATTACH]

Wow, that's quite a camera...zoomed 30 years back in time! Can't hardly beat that.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by IescapedCali View Post
                    Wow, that's quite a camera...zoomed 30 years back in time! Can't hardly beat that.
                    I believe you're mistaken - that picture is from 30 yrs in the future.
                    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• IescapedCali
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                      Make and model?

I still think you are going to be hard put to see a .25" hole in paper. It would be like trying to ID a nail holding those pallet planks on.

Paint spatter on a piece of steel would be doable.
                      If the image is this good at 800 yards, and the camera can transmit via wifi/livestream, you might explore the range on its wifi, and put the camera on a tripod closer to the target, while viewing on your tablet at the bench. This might help a great deal.

Comment

• jackwagon
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2017

I built a target camera this past summer with my uncle from parts we got on amazon for about $130. I have only had the opportunity to shoot to 500yrds so far but it worked good at that distance, and I expect it to go even farther when i have the chance to do so. I got the idea from ( u-tube shooting target cam diy - alex labeckis) if your interested in checking it out. No i'm not affiliated with or work for, just where I got the idea. will try to link

Comment

• NugginFutz
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

If you want a turn-key solution, or if DIY isn't your thing, consider these two units:

For a bit over $300, you can buy a one-mile solution, already assembled. This unit requires you to provide your own tablet to view the images.

For a slightly more complete solution (shot tracking capability, night vision), the Bullseye Ammocan mentioned previously, is available for $500.

I personally find these two solutions attractive mainly because of their simplicity and capability. Most of the DIY solutions I've seen only allow you to stream live video, with limited recording capability. These two "canned" solutions bring value to the table in terms of shot identification and analysis. Something to consider.
                          Last edited by NugginFutz; 01-14-2018, 05:59 PM.
                          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                          X