X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Irbuff
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

Haha thanks! Yeah I posted that then saw this one. Oops yeah I think I'm just going to go with the vg6 then. Sounds like what I want just thought I would make sure

Comment

• Frontier Gear
      Warrior
      • Nov 2017

Check out Axis Mfg. They are an FFL in Spokane, WA who machine their own lowers, gas block, muzzle brakes and Glock slides in house. They even machine full auto builds if you have all the required paperwork to be legal with it. https://www.axismfgcnc.com/product-p...c-muzzle-brake. Give Justin a call and tell him Dan in Orient sent you. He will also make custom sizes. He made the three chamber stainless brake for my .458 SOCOM. His gas block are the nicest that I've used. The roll pin holes are actually tapered to assist with the installation and they seal up tight. Basically just a small shop that takes the time to make things right.

muzzle brake.jpeg
      Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• warp9764
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2017

Frontier Gear, that Axis MB is just what I'm looking for! Only problem is I need 9/16x24 and they only list 1/2x28 and 5/8x24.

So I actually just received my PF MB, and got my AA barrel a couple weeks ago. Bad news - my PF brake will *NOT* thread onto the barrel (just spins endlessly). Even though the bag says 9/16, I'm almost certain they sent me a 5.56 1/2x28 MB and not the 9/16x24. I even got a bolt guide and calipers to check - the MB fits 1/2" threads (on the bolt guide) but not the 9/16. Got a call in to PF to see how they can help.

SIDE QUESTION - for MBs, I checked and my PF MB bullet outlet is *exactly* 6.5mm, but my Wolf ammo bullet is 6.64mm wide at the neck! Then I measured my IMI 5.56 and it was 5.62, so I'm assuming the bullet gets mildly squeezed down the barrel so the rifling can affect it. Is this correct/normal?

Comment

• Frontier Gear
          Warrior
          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by warp9764 View Post
          Frontier Gear, that Axis MB is just what I'm looking for! Only problem is I need 9/16x24 and they only list 1/2x28 and 5/8x24.

So I actually just received my PF MB, and got my AA barrel a couple weeks ago. Bad news - my PF brake will *NOT* thread onto the barrel (just spins endlessly). Even though the bag says 9/16, I'm almost certain they sent me a 5.56 1/2x28 MB and not the 9/16x24. I even got a bolt guide and calipers to check - the MB fits 1/2" threads (on the bolt guide) but not the 9/16. Got a call in to PF to see how they can help.

SIDE QUESTION - for MBs, I checked and my PF MB bullet outlet is *exactly* 6.5mm, but my Wolf ammo bullet is 6.64mm wide at the neck! Then I measured my IMI 5.56 and it was 5.62, so I'm assuming the bullet gets mildly squeezed down the barrel so the rifling can affect it. Is this correct/normal?
          Just give Justin at Axis a call and tell him what it is for. He will most likely make one for you, and it would have the correct bore for the Grendel.

On my BCA barrel, I used a 308/300blk bird cage flash hider. Works well.
          Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by warp9764 View Post

Warp/Side Question - no no no!!! on the side question, all MB's are to be larger in hole than the caliber they are called. I believe 0.020-0.030 - even 0.040 - is typical but am going from memory. They must be larger. Example, JP Ent 30 cal MB on midwayusa has a 0.350 exit!!!
            (Matter of fact, according to the PRC rifle blog studies, even a 30 cal MB on a 6.5 rifle gives away about 1% or less braking performance vs using a straight 6.5 MB.)

The reason they work even though with the larger exit is that the gas, exiting at 4-5x supersonic velocity, undergoes "choked flow" through the orifice.

Don't use any MB that is exactly caliber diameter - this is dangerous!
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• JJA Guns
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2017

+1 VG6 gamma, an epsilon, run them on a couple different rigs 5.56, 7.62x39's

Comment

• warp9764
                Bloodstained
                • Oct 2017

Thanks, grayfox - that's what I thought! I contacted PF and they are getting me the right unit. From my measurements and what they told me, it looks like I was accidentally shipped a 5.56 1/2" muzzle brake rather than the 6.5 Grendel in 9/16".

On a side note, my PF NiB BCG is absolutely gorgeous and clean - can't wait to run it once I finally get my build finished!

Comment

• grayfox
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2017

Good to hear. Stay safe!

gf
                  "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X