• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportsnut
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2017

Venison today and not at Arby's...

Couple pics of my 3 point I got last Sunday with my 6.5 Grendel build. Some of you might remember this build that I started with a billet of Aluminum for the lower.

No Arby's for venison today. Backstrap with tators and eggs for breakfast.

Hornaday 123 grain SST. Great for head shots, but not so good for body. Double lung shot and he dropped 15-20 yards from hit. Shot him at a pretty good angle, entry was perfect but exit was on the high side and messed up a front ham really bad.

Here is another buck {forked horn} with some Hornady 123 SST Grendel carnage. This was hit on a dead run in the eye and out the snout.
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Is that your 2 buck Grendel?

Nice shooting. The 6.5 Grendel looks devastating on game.

Comment

• sportsnut
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2017

Lol, good one!

Comment

• xlcc
        Warrior
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by sportsnut View Post
        Couple pics of my 3 point I got last Sunday with my 6.5 Grendel build. Some of you might remember this build that I started with a billet of Aluminum for the lower.

No Arby's for venison today. Backstrap with tators and eggs for breakfast.

Hornaday 123 grain SST. Great for head shots, but not so good for body. Double lung shot and he dropped 15-20 yards from hit. Shot him at a pretty good angle, entry was perfect but exit was on the high side and messed up a front ham really bad.

Here is another buck {forked horn} with some Hornady 123 SST Grendel carnage. This was hit on a dead run in the eye and out the snout.
        Was that dead run shot a lucky hit or did you aim for a head shot?

Comment

• usmcm16a2
          Warrior
          • Aug 2015

Sports,

Congrats. A2

Comment

• sportsnut
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by xlcc View Post
            Was that dead run shot a lucky hit or did you aim for a head shot?

Lucky... He was about 10' from going off the side of the mountain never to be seen again.

Comment

Working...
            X