• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

5 Hogs Down - Grendel Hog Hunt Before The Storms

Interesting evening. Was headed over to one of my landowner's places and sent him a note and he called immediately and said not to go because he had deer hunters checking out the place, but that he had a neighbor getting hit hard by hogs. Now, I already work for this neighbor on two places he leases, but this was his own land that I had never been on before. I showed up at the neighbor's place and got the nickel tour just well enough to know the limits of the property and where the livestock and houses were. I picked up Jeff and we got setup up on top of a hill that could see about 70% of the property.

Winds were high and much of the newly planted wheat field was up wind of us, but of course the hogs appeared down wind of us about as far away as they could possibly be, LOL.

We found 4 pigs, got the usual pictures, and Jeff stepped off into the tree line to get acquainted with nature and immediately spied a 5th hog down in a low spot just inside the woods...so we redid the pics, LOL. I believe there is a sixth hog down, another that Jeff shot, but we could not find it. The treed area where the hogs were when we started shooting is full of gullies. It could be down anywhere in one of those low areas.

I fired 5 shots and took out 4 hogs and 1 tree. Jeff fired 4 shots hitting 1 hog twice and possibly hitting a second.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 11-01-2017, 01:33 AM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • BR17722
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2014

As always another great video. I like to end my day with your videos.
    member since 2004; unmembered in 2011 "spam" attack

Comment

• 37L1
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

That's what I would call a "Shootin' Gallery".

Nice hunt!

Comment

• Arkhangel5
        Warrior
        • Apr 2016

DNS,
        Great vid and shooting as usual. You make it look easy, but I know it isn't.

SY

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

It gets easier when you learn to wait until they slow down or stop before pulling the trigger, LOL.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
          X