X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

I cleaned off what they had on the floor, then told them what I did and asked if any was in the back. Guy brought out more.

Just shot some today, well, a lot of it today from the Howa and my LaRue Stealth.

Great ammo. Best 5rd group with the LaRue was .545" using a Burris 1.5-6x scope with big dot aiming point, not exactly a precision scope.

Also shot it at 200yds, which was extremely difficult to aim at the boxes on my targets with that scope. Still held just over 2 MOA, shooting off rickety bench blocks covered in carbon carpet.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

This is what I saw at 6:00 pm today.

IMG_2949.jpg

That pallet was full this morning, so apparently there are more Grendel shooters in the area than I had previously imagined.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post

That pallet was full this morning, so apparently there are more Grendel shooters in the area than I had previously imagined.
        You have a store in your hood with a full pallet of Grendel?

The one closet to me only had 11 boxes, and it was mixed in with a pallet of 308, 6.5 Creed, and 5.56/.223. The other three they had scattered all over. End caps, shelves with the rest of the ammo, two pallet displays...
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          I cleaned off what they had on the floor, then told them what I did and asked if any was in the back. Guy brought out more.

Just shot some today, well, a lot of it today from the Howa and my LaRue Stealth.

Great ammo. Best 5rd group with the LaRue was .545" using a Burris 1.5-6x scope with big dot aiming point, not exactly a precision scope.

Also shot it at 200yds, which was extremely difficult to aim at the boxes on my targets with that scope. Still held just over 2 MOA, shooting off rickety bench blocks covered in carbon carpet.
          What was the best group from the Howa?

Comment

• paulw
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2017

I just picked up 2 boxes from SW in Everett, WA - $120 each with tax - there were 4 left on the floor in front of the firearms counter....didn't ask about in back.
            They had one package of new Hornady Grendel brass - 50 pieces for $39.99.... So, the sale priced American Gunner is $.20 a round cheaper than empty cases

Comment

• shooter545
              Warrior
              • Aug 2012

Happened to be in Wilmington, NC today and went to the Sportsman's Warehouse there to check for this ammo. They had two boxes of 6.5 G, grabbed them both. When I got to checkout and the lady rang them up they were running a promo and I got them for $109.99 each plus tax. I then immediately asked if they had more in the back. They checked but they didn't. I think I did pretty good!

Comment

• davidj
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10270[/ATTACH]

It was still there @noon today.
                I got a couple of boxes of 6.5 Creedmoor outta that pile.
                Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. -The Havamal

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                  What was the best group from the Howa?
                  I was shooting more for chrono speeds Saturday with the Howa.

When I tried to move to a different aiming point, I got an error, so I just sent a boat load of bullets into one group, including my hand load ladders.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• NugginFutz
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

Well, this just in!

A member on another board took the initiative and called Hornady directly to inquire about the BC of the 123 BTHP loaded in the American Gunner Grendel ammo. He says they did him a solid and ran it over their doppler. They came back with a.450 G1 and .225 G7 BC.

Not as good as I'd calculated, but it certainly will help with the drop charts to have accurate information.
                    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Brett
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2017

Nice! I was wondering when those numbers would come out.

Comment

• Schrambo
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2016

Sweet, I scored the last 3 boxes here in town... And with my 300yd realistic range, perfect for practice...

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

I only shot 3 rounds of ELD-M at 200yds with the 6x scope, barely able to see the squares. I used the tip of the post on the reticle for a 200yd hold.

Imagine trying to use the tip of the vertical stadia right under the center dot.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• diddlyv
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2016

Just got the last can (plastic so might not technically be a can) off the floor at the Phoenix sportsman's warehouse for $139 for 200 rounds. Did not ask if they had more in back. Got an additional 5% military discount. It is as though hornady sold the brass at a reasonable price and donated bullet, powder and primer.

LRRPF52
                            What was the load for the 95 Grain controlled chaos
                            Last edited by diddlyv; 12-09-2017, 06:56 PM.
                            Queen of Battle
                            Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• lesbaer45
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

I only shot 3 rounds of ELD-M at 200yds with the 6x scope, barely able to see the squares. I used the tip of the post on the reticle for a 200yd hold.

Imagine trying to use the tip of the vertical stadia right under the center dot.

I have that 1.5-6x42 as well. I bought it for the typical <300 yds dense woods throw it up and shoot fast we have here. I have the same problem when trying to use it to "target" shoot loads with.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. :-)

Comment

• LRRPF52
                                Super Moderator
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by diddlyv View Post
                                Just got the last can (plastic so might not technically be a can) off the floor at the Phoenix sportsman's warehouse for $139 for 200 rounds. Did not ask if they had more in back. Got an additional 5% military discount. It is as though hornady sold the brass at a reasonable price and donated bullet, powder and primer.

LRRPF52
                                What was the load for the 95 Grain controlled chaos
                                95gr Controlled Chaos
                                2.256" COL
                                34.3gr CFE223
                                Hornady Brass
                                Rem 7 1/2 BR primer

That's the first time I ever shot it at 200yds and it grouped .67 MOA for 5 rounds.

I have a box of 50 that I loaded up for DNS to try on pigs and yotes, but I can't win for love nor money trying to ship ammo, even going all the way over to the regional shipping center.
                                Last edited by LRRPF52; 12-11-2017, 02:47 PM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                                X