Warrior
    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

holy crap!!!

Comment

• Willfg
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2017

Ordered a couple online and then dropped into the local store -- Sacramento CA area. In the store they didn't have any on the shelves...did for a couple of other calibers so I asked at the counter. Guy went into the backroom and came out with 1, asked if I wanted another I said yes and he came out with another.

My feeling was I could have asked for 10 and he would have brought them out...so if you're in a store be sure to ask if there aren't any on the shelf.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Willfg View Post
        Ordered a couple online and then dropped into the local store -- Sacramento CA area. In the store they didn't have any on the shelves...did for a couple of other calibers so I asked at the counter. Guy went into the backroom and came out with 1, asked if I wanted another I said yes and he came out with another.

My feeling was I could have asked for 10 and he would have brought them out...so if you're in a store be sure to ask if there aren't any on the shelf.
        That was pretty much my experience. They had 6.5CM on the floor and told me that that was everything. One of them offered to check the back and came out with a can of 6.5 Grendel.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• davidj
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Sportsman's in Albuquerque has had the 140 gr 6.5 creedmoor on numerous occasions. I bought 2 boxes for the brass and was surprised by the ammo's consistency. The hpbt's shot sub moa. I will definitely buy more.
          I will keep an eye out for the Grendel ammo now.
          Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. -The Havamal

Comment

• HowaGrendel
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2017

After the Newtown panic was in full retard mode I was at a Cabela's looking for some 308 Federal GMM and they had none and very little of any 308.....less than a half mile away was a Walmart so I went there and they had 3 boxes of Winchester 150 PP on the shelf, asked the guy at counter if he had any in the back ? he said he would look and came back and said yes, we have several cases of 308.....I bought 6 boxes at $20 a box......like above poster said.....Ask...ask....ask...

Comment

• JethroBodine
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2017

I'm wondering if the stores are holding some back and not putting everything on the shelf to prevent what's happened in the past when price's were high and availability scarce to prevent someone from buying everything they have to mark it up to sell for a profit on a website or at a gun show? I'd sure hate to see limits imposed again on how much you can buy.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

I hope that Hornady sees the demand here and makes our Grendel a priority. The SW website showed it sold out within about 48 hours from when it was in stock.

The other calibers of this ammo are common and available (even WM) at better prices.

With PPU sold out this is the only Grendel in stores priced between Wolf steel and Hornady Black (at over $1.10 a round).
                I have to wait until the first of the month and hope I can find a box.
                "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Ammon
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2017

Irmo SC sportsman's warehouse has 2 of the AG 6.5g 200 round packs in stock as of 11:15am black Friday. $109.99/ea.

Comment

• saction
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2016

Was at local Sportsman's today around noon and they had a pallet of American Gunner all calibers in an isle with a sale sign for $109.99. So i grabbed 2 boxes of grendel and left. With tax this came to $233.17 for 400 rounds and 2 decent ammo cans. .58 cents a round is tough to beat.
                    Last edited by saction; 11-24-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

I just picked up 3 cases of American Gunner 6.5 Grendel for $109.99 per 200rd case at one of my 2 local Sportsman's Warehouses.

I also picked up 2 cases of 6.5 Creedmoor American Gunner for a friend.

You can't even get Hornady brass for these prices folks.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

Got 4 boxes myself. Did not know Hornady has a 123gr HPBT.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• subinoob
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jul 2016

Wish it was in stock online so I could get some of the creedmoor.

Comment

• Sticks
                            Chieftain
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by subinoob View Post
                            Wish it was in stock online so I could get some of the creedmoor.
                            Try calling a store closest to you and see if they will take a phone order and ship.
                            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Ian01
                              Unwashed
                              • Jun 2017

I just got a box in Fairfield, Ca and I think someone tried to hide it- lol

Comment

• Drift
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2014

Sounds good! No SW anywhere near me. None available on line either .
                                I suspect the best way to test this ammo quickly is for some Grendel enthusiast send DNS a 1/2 case. We should get a pig hunt report back pretty quick that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X