Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Excellent work guys. More items are - enroute. Smile

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
      Until someone comes up with something that's a better value than Black, I can't see that it would make
      sense for hornady. Would probably cannibalize a sales of Black
      Black sells by the 20rd box for $17 and up, they make margins.

American Gunner sells by the 200rd box at $0.70/rd retail, they make margins.

Not everyone will buy a 200rd box, whereas many will buy a 20rd box or more.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• diddlyv
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

The brass the same as all other hornady 6.5???
        Queen of Battle
        Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by diddlyv View Post
          The brass the same as all other hornady 6.5???
          Yes.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• gldprimr
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2016

Can this be ordered online? I do not have a Sportsman’s Warehouse locally and when I searched for this on their website was unsuccessful in finding it.

Comment

• Randy99CL
              Warrior
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by gldprimr View Post
              Can this be ordered online? I do not have a Sportsman’s Warehouse locally and when I searched for this on their website was unsuccessful in finding it.
              Yeah, I really want a box of this ammo. Same price as empty brass.
              I check their website a couple of times a day and it hasn't shown up yet. They have the American Gunner in 3 calibers (including 6.8) but not our 6.5.
              There is a store in Albuquerque and I want the ship-to-store.

As soon as I see it on the website I will report here.
              "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Blackblue
                Unwashed
                • Oct 2017

Wouldn't mind finding some of this to try, my six8 likes the 6.8 version.

Comment

• Ammon
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2017

Irmo (Columbia area) SC does not yet stock this. They were unable to provide any info, though were eager to be informed of it.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

It's just arriving and people are asking for it before it even hit the shelves.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Randy99CL
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2017

Wow, this is getting frustrating because I can't find anything about this ammo anywhere.

The Hornady website shows the A-Gunner ammo, even has a video, but the 6.5 is not listed anywhere.
                      As I mentioned earlier, SW carries 4 different calibers but shows no word of 6.5.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Randy99CL View Post
                        Wow, this is getting frustrating because I can't find anything about this ammo anywhere.

The Hornady website shows the A-Gunner ammo, even has a video, but the 6.5 is not listed anywhere.
                        As I mentioned earlier, SW carries 4 different calibers but shows no word of 6.5.
                        It's new, barely out. They need to update their store website, which is a pretty big task for Sportsman's Warehouse.

Hornady said they have a number of specific product lines that are exclusive to certain customers that they don't show on their website as well.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• maxxmojo
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jul 2016

So I picked some up today. I'm not a big fan of measuring COAL, especially for HP's, other than to make sure the cartridge will fit in a mag. I much prefer to measure base-to-ogive. I grabbed 10 random ones and these are what they measured:

For comparison's sake the Hornady Black ammo with the 123 ELD measures ~1.664. Was kinda surprise to see the gunner stuff with the ogive that much farther out. Guess we'll have to see how well it shoots.

Comment

• grening
                            Unwashed
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                            I just called Hornady. It's real, and an exclusive factory ammo load in the American Gunner line they make for Sportsman's Warehouse.

The bullet is specific to this load as well, not listed or currently available in their normal projectile line-up.

Meant to be an economical, quality factory ammo option.

200rd box
                            Thank You, Sir

Comment

• NugginFutz
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Randy99CL View Post

Good news, Randy. I spoke with the manager at the abq sportsman’s and he says they’ve already had them in a few times. Bad news is that he says they go fast. Good news is a shipment of unknown goods is coming Monday and he says to call in the early afternoon to see if they got some more.
                              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Randy99CL
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                                Good news, Randy. I spoke with the manager at the abq sportsman’s and he says they’ve already had them in a few times. Bad news is that he says they go fast. Good news is a shipment of unknown goods is coming Monday and he says to call in the early afternoon to see if they got some more.
                                Wow, thanks for the info!
                                After checking my finances again I realized I'll be better off getting $50 worth of Wolf than spending $150 for that Hornady right now. I'm ordering my lower on Monday and then I still need magazines and a scope mount.
                                That's the bad thing about only getting one check a month; you really have to plan ahead.

Edit: Unless you and I could split a box...what, $75 each?

Comment

Working...
                                X