X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Went out yesterday with the GF and her Eldest Daughters rifle (not Xmas yet) to do some shooting with her. This was the second time that she has shot, the first being my 16" middy and RDS at a IDPA target about 50yds away.

First time with a bolt gun, got the rifle sized for her (stock, cheek weld), scope focused, and went through the basics of shooting and running the bolt gun.

I now know that this particular 20" Howa 1500 HB, does not like SST either. Might be that 1.37 MOA is good enough for hunting, but paper and steel needs a bit more accuracy. Verified the grouping with me shooting to eliminate the FNG shooter. I got the same crappy group.

Switched over to American Gunner and she shot this;

.745 MOA on her 20-25 shots in a Bolt gun and Grendel.

She fired 4 more groups, all staying under an inch, then we changed it up (I was done with my load testing) and put some "X" cuts in the cardboard backing and inserted some shotgun shells that were left behind in the slots. Played a make shift game. Shoot until you miss, then the next person gets a go. Kind of like pool. Technically we tied 8 to 8, the last 5 of mine being standing up on some sticks, but they did not fall over - yes she was kicking my butt on shooting them in the cardboard.

These three were hers, the others we kind of nicked or caught the edge.

Anyhow - The American Gunner is pretty accurate ammo, in both my AR, and at least 2 of the three Howa's from the family Horde. Shooting the SRM just got a little cheaper.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• lrgrendel
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
      Went out yesterday with the GF and her Eldest Daughters rifle (not Xmas yet) to do some shooting with her. This was the second time that she has shot, the first being my 16" middy and RDS at a IDPA target about 50yds away.

First time with a bolt gun, got the rifle sized for her (stock, cheek weld), scope focused, and went through the basics of shooting and running the bolt gun.

I now know that this particular 20" Howa 1500 HB, does not like SST either. Might be that 1.37 MOA is good enough for hunting, but paper and steel needs a bit more accuracy. Verified the grouping with me shooting to eliminate the FNG shooter. I got the same crappy group.

Switched over to American Gunner and she shot this;

.745 MOA on her 20-25 shots in a Bolt gun and Grendel.

She fired 4 more groups, all staying under an inch, then we changed it up (I was done with my load testing) and put some "X" cuts in the cardboard backing and inserted some shotgun shells that were left behind in the slots. Played a make shift game. Shoot until you miss, then the next person gets a go. Kind of like pool. Technically we tied 8 to 8, the last 5 of mine being standing up on some sticks, but they did not fall over - yes she was kicking my butt on shooting them in the cardboard.

These three were hers, the others we kind of nicked or caught the edge.

Anyhow - The American Gunner is pretty accurate ammo, in both my AR, and at least 2 of the three Howa's from the family Horde. Shooting the SRM just got a little cheaper.

Great game to play!
      Assuming that was 100 yds now YOU try it at 200 yds...That would be challenging!

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        I just called Hornady. It's real, and an exclusive factory ammo load in the American Gunner line they make for Sportsman's Warehouse.

The bullet is specific to this load as well, not listed or currently available in their normal projectile line-up.

Meant to be an economical, quality factory ammo option.

200rd box
        Could have sworn I saw American Gunner 9mm at Cabela's last weekend... maybe they are expanding the line beyond SW?
        Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 12-13-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Randy99CL
          Warrior
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
          Could have sworn I saw American Gunner 9mm at Cabela's last weekend... maybe they are expanding the line beyond SW?
          Yes, they're in the Natchez catalog I rec'd yesterday. Boxes of 20 for a little less than regular Hornady, boxes of 60 or 75, the ammo box with 247 .223 for $129.99; $10 cheaper than SW.
          Even American Gunner 12ga OO Buck at $6.79 for 10.
          But no Grendel.

Edit: And there is a new 123g ELD-X loading in a Precision Hunter box. $19.69/20.

I'd love it if they'd sell the AG Grendel in smaller boxes so I wouldn't have to spend $150 at once. Like $75/100.
          Last edited by Randy99CL; 12-13-2017, 09:01 PM.
          "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Cleric
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2017

Back in stock online

Comment

• Cleric
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2017

Won’t let me buy . Can add to cart but can’t check out

Comment

• monty
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2017

It is already sold out.

I got an email at 8am. I did not see it until 10am or so and it was all gone by then.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2017

I called the store yesterday and of course they were out. But the clerk said they will get a truck on Monday and since they've offered more online I hope they have some for the stores.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2017

Just checked the website and it is in stock again. There is also a code for free shipping.

But there is 15% off ammo 'in-store-only" until the 21st.
                    I called the store and they did get the pallets off the truck already but may not get everything unpacked until tomorrow. Clerk had no idea whether they got any ammo.
                    I'm going to call again this evening. Or maybe I should just show up and ask them to look for it.
                    $125 for 200 rounds is unbeatable.

Comment

• Sticks
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2016

Crap. There goes another 5.
                      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Lastrites
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

OOS again

Comment

• Forrest
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2017

Ive had my "contact me when in stock" button pushed on their website (sportmans warehouse) for a few weeks now so I called the store and talked to the counter. They said to call on monday, the truck delivers on sunday and sure enough tuesday it was on the shelf but not listed on the computer as in stock. Des moines Iowa has two cases on the shelf as of last night. So dont trust the website to let you know when its in stock if you really want it.

Comment

• sqeezeatrigger
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2016

This is Grendel ammo exclusive to Sportsmans Warehouse--not a fraud

Comment

• NugginFutz
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sqeezeatrigger View Post
                              This is Grendel ammo exclusive to Sportsmans Warehouse--not a fraud
                              That has now been well established. Several members are in possession of many 100's of rounds of the stuff.
                              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                                Chieftain
                                • Oct 2016

And I am very jealous. Can’t hardly buy brass for that kind of scratch.
                                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                                X