• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Veterans' Day 2017

While searching for local ammo I noticed that Cabelas has a free Veteran's Pancake Breakfast at their store on the 11th. 9:00-10:30 Free pancakes and coffee. (And a build-an-AR clinic at noon).

What are your favorite free things on VD?
    I usually get both lunch and dinner for free. I've heard of free haircuts and oil-changes and some other things but never tried them.

Another thing I mentioned in another thread...are you aware of the Veterans' ID card? Everyone should get one, call your local VA, I think they usually give them out at clinics/hospitals. Really handy for restaurants and stores and everyday because it is another "official" US picture ID.
    Don't have to carry a copy of your DD214 anymore.
    And some states let you get a Veteran endorsement on your DL, but I'm sure you all knew that.

I haven't checked yet but I think a local TV station site lists the VD specials and a couple of places show the national lists.

Last edited by Randy99CL; 10-29-2017, 10:01 PM.
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Wow, Faxon Firearms is giving Vets 25% off now through Sunday! Anything on the site. That's huuuuuge!
    Faxon, AR-15, Barrels, Accessories, ARAK, ARAK-21, ARAK 21, Faxon Firearms, Houlding, Precision, Accuracy, Value, AR Barrels, Custom Barrels, OEM AR Barrels

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Happy/ veterans Day to all that served our great nation. Thank you for all that you have done for America, and our freedoms. You are our heroes. We love you all!

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

To all of you who are veterans, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

j.j- we tried.

Comment

• Randy99CL
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

Thank you gentlemen! And thanks to all the Veterans out there!

I'm one of the older Vets who left the military 30+ years ago. For decades I didn't talk much about it (never went to war, just no big deal) and I'm still a little surprised when someone thanks me for my service.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Out hunting, I hope all Vets had a great day on Saturday. Thanks for all that you have done, war time or not. - You put the effort into your time spent -inside the Military.

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Randy - don't be surprised. Keep the perspective - it isn't that you did not go to war, but you prepared both physically and mentally to do so and established the willingness to go if called. There are so many who would not. Thank you, sir, for your service.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2017

Thanks John, nice of you to say those things.

I enlisted in the Navy in '73 when Viet Nam was winding down and once it was officially over we didn't have an active war for a while.

I was in for six years active duty as an Aviation Electronics Technician and loved my job and being involved with Naval Aviation. I'm a WWII buff and grew up fascinated with the Carrier/Naval battles with the Japanese in the Pacific; that's one of the reasons why I joined the Navy. I was lucky to get to work on aircraft and serve on a carrier (USS J.F. Kennedy).

When I think back now I only remember the amazing things I got to do and places I saw and lived and the friends I made there.

Comment

Working...
                  X