Warrior
    • May 2017

In !

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Jmccracken View Post
      My odin works bolt wasnt extracting anything. bolt would come back and leave the round in the chamber.. took the extractor off, there wasnt an O ring on the spring... put one on, zero issues.
      The BCM improved spring kit is supposed to be real good. No personal experience but theres vids out there if your interested..

I watched the Geissele shot show 2018 live video thats like 110min long and he mentioned working on a extractor made from 13-8 SS somebody's working on something... And good things WILL follow. The only question is when..? Sounds like the Geissele clan are really stepping up their game though. Lots of new goodies. As usuall great info from the "BILL's" (Bill A. and Bill G.) Love watching thier videos.

Now if only we can convince him enough to make a grendel spec extractor. Release the hounds!

Comment

• Pugsbrew
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2018

If still alive, I'll take a couple.

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

I'm in

Comment

• jhidek
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2016

I'd be in for 5, plus a few spares

Comment

• longlickfriends77
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

2 please

Comment

• bob4432
                Warrior
                • May 2016

What is the difference between the extractor that came on the Monster Bolt? Material? Different springs? Or, since I haven't really looked, do you need to buy a bolt to get an extractor?

Bob

Comment

• Popeye212
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2018

+2

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

No one ever got a group buy going on extractors. I'm not aware of any material difference from the Millennium Precision Manufacturing ( Monster Group Buy bolt) extractor than what Alexander Arms extractor uses in their bolts. The 6.5 Grendel extractor is different than a 5.56/223 extractor to accomodate the different diameter case head and rim thickness.

I have a spare 6.5 Grendel extractor I bought from AA plus a spare Group Buy bolt. To my knowledge Maxim uses the same material for 6.5 Grendel bolts and has produced bolts for different barrel manufactures. Many companies require nondisclosure agreements and are reluctant to give out specific details to their manufacturing process in regards to bolts/extractors.

If I were needing another 6.5 Grendel extractor I would check AA first. When I bought spare extractors a couple years ago AA had the best price but I called to request an option for cheaper shipping. If I were going to order online from AA I would purchase extra magazines or other products to offset the cost of shipping.

shopalexanderarms.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, shopalexanderarms.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                    Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-03-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

I need to start looking at the dates on this stuff when it pops up...sheesh

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

I wish i could remember who had it. But i swear someone had s7 extractors and i want to say they also sold type II grendel bolts. So its not a stretch to think they might sell them. It wasnt a new co. They had good rep. Well recognized brand. (Re-reading this cracks me up looking back)

Maybe it will come to me..?
                        Mind over bad memory... A quick google search results:
                        We just can't help not accepting the status quo. Bolt carrier groups are available aplenty, but few could meet our exacting standards for performance and value. Seeing "MIL-SPEC" as just the starting point, we set out to ensure the best options are available for our demanding customers. Improvements include using 9310 tool steel for the bolt, which is stronger and nitriding the assembly to increase surface hardness, decrease resistance, and have superior corrosion resistance compared to typical chrome and phosphated bolt carrier groups. All bolts are fully MPI tested to ensure the material is sound and without defects. Bolt lugs are chamfered 45 degrees to ensure reliable action for even the highest pressure hand loads and fast lightweight actions. Extractors are S7 Tool Steel. From there, the extractor is sprung using the spring, o-ring, and silicone insert. *When ordered with a barrel, Faxon personally checks and guarantees safe headspacing. If ordered through the barrel webpage itself, Faxon offers a full matching service with unique laser engraving on both barrel and bolt. Detailed Specifications:Bolt:9310 Tool Steel Construction (Stronger than C158)Full MIL-SPEC Heat TreatmentShot Peened to MIL-SPECMagnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)Back of Lugs Chamfered for ReliabilitySpring, Insert, & "Crane" O-Ring InstalledQPQ - Salt Bath Nitrided.136" Co-Bore (Type II) Bolt Face for 6.5 Grendel Extractor:S7 Tool Steel ConstructionFully Heat TreatedShot Peened Per MIL-SPECBlack Oxide to Match Bolt 

Details at the bottom say s7. Is this typical? Idk. If its news to anyone maybe they can get the ball rolling (again)

...if they even read this dead thread...
                        Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 09-07-2018, 01:51 AM. Reason: because my senses came to me, well some of them.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2015

i am in for several if it ever happens.

Comment

• AR15gunner
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2018

I'm in

Comment

• WSAR15
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2017

Yup, I'm in. Great idea!

Comment

• lazyengineer
                                Chieftain
                                • Feb 2019

I'm interested. I assume this is one of those deals where not worth it for 1 or 2. Which is fine, they'll likely have to be 3 or 5 packs to make it worth the bother; and if so - still interested; especially since such should really beat retail
                                4x P100

Comment

Working...
                                X