Clear All
  • Buckster32
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Les Baer 264lbc full AR owners

• Dcommoncents
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

How much wobble are we talking? For instance, at maximum wobble, how big is the gap between upper and lower?

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Wobble is normal, i put an accuwedge in mine for like $4. Problem solved.

Comment

• Buckster32
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2017

The wobble isn’t very bad, but for the 2300.00+ dollars I would think it should be a perfect fit. I’m just trying to figure out if I should take it back. My other les Baer 223 is tight and shoots fantastic, that is the reason I bought this one.

Comment

• diddlyv
          Warrior
          • Aug 2016

Contact builder and see if they will make it right
          Queen of Battle
          Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• BR17722
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2014

In 2007 I purchased a Les Baer 20 inch Varmint. These early rifles have true 6.5 Grendel chambers. The upper to lower fit is tight enough that I use a synthetic punch to drive the pins out. I have read many times that a loose fit has no affect on accuracy but as you say for the price I would expect a tight fit.
            member since 2004; unmembered in 2011 "spam" attack

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Buckster, bear in mind, the tighter the fit between upper and lower the more difficult to pin / unpin the upper to the lower. To facilitate field "emergancies" and because of multi-vendor manufacturing and manufacturing tolerences, there has to be a little slack in the build. Otherwise some parts would not be mate-able without a great deal of trouble. If you spent a lot of time in the field with an AR / MSR, would you like to have to carry a hammer and a punch to seperate the upper from the lower, just in case?
              The Accu-wedge is a very viable solution to firm up that interface. Some of us ( myself included ) drill and tap the lower and install a snubber to take some ( but not all ) of that slack and wiggle out. There is another currently active thread about that.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Les Baer is normally known for specifying his own matched receiver sets that have a very tight lock-up.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Buckster32
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2017

Here is more to the story when I ordered the gun. It was going to be at least 3 weeks to get the gun. It was here in 3 days. So I’m guessing the gun had been returned for the same reason. The first time I call them about it I didn’t have the serial number on me and Brenda said they needed it to give me any info on gun. The second time I called the guy Who answered would not answer any of my questions. The third time I called Brenda answered gave her the serial number told her was was going on and was immediately transferred to somebody else.

Comment

• Clarence
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2015

I have used the nationalmtachshim on several AR's . Works well, takes 1/2 hour to do, and you can decide how tight you want the pin fit.

Clarence

Comment

• Paddahay
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2017

How does it shoot?

Comment

• Troutguide
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2017

$2300 return it! It can fit like a glove with no wobble side to side and still have functional pin movement.
                        "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Buckster32
                          Unwashed
                          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Paddahay View Post
                          How does it shoot?
                          I have shot 40 rounds thru it so far, but not impressed with the groups. My lbc 223 shoots far better.

Comment

• Buckster32
                            Unwashed
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                            Buckster, bear in mind, the tighter the fit between upper and lower the more difficult to pin / unpin the upper to the lower. To facilitate field "emergancies" and because of multi-vendor manufacturing and manufacturing tolerences, there has to be a little slack in the build. Otherwise some parts would not be mate-able without a great deal of trouble. If you spent a lot of time in the field with an AR / MSR, would you like to have to carry a hammer and a punch to seperate the upper from the lower, just in case?
                            The Accu-wedge is a very viable solution to firm up that interface. Some of us ( myself included ) drill and tap the lower and install a snubber to take some ( but not all ) of that slack and wiggle out. There is another currently active thread about that.
                            Just_john, I understand there are multiple manufacturers and tolerances. But this gun was bought as a custom made gun and lbc machines the upper and lower in house and makes most of the parts that go in his guns. So he can control the quality and fit. That is why his guns cost what they do.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2016

Sounds like you have at least two things to talk to LB about then...

Comment

Working...
                              X