• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JuanC
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2017

Brass location when firing question.

Finally finished my Grendel build. Is it normal for the brass to pile up at the 2 o clock location?
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 11-07-2017, 04:08 PM.
  • Mopardoctor
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

My Grendel was tossing the brass at 2 o'clock also and denting the cases. Too much gas pressure. I had to install an adjustable gas block and tune it down to toss the brass in the 4 o'clock area.

Mopar Doctor

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

I think a heavier buffer may delay the rearward impulse and slow the case ejection slightly? Someone with more AR ka-hohn-ehs can speak to this. But I would think that this would make a slightly easier and cheaper route than the GB replacement. And unless you're going to change more of the system regularly, IE suppressed vs unsuppressed, load pressures, bullet weights, etc.., then an AGB may be overkill. If you have quality components and plan to just fire factory ammo, this would be my suggestion. If you've got grander designs, then by all means - chase the rabbit!
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Willfg
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2017

I don't wear a bra while shooting (or anytime for that matter)

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

bah dum, bum!
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• jurassic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

I was waiting for that..LOL

Originally posted by Willfg View Post
            I don't wear a bra while shooting (or anytime for that matter)

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

I thought about posting a comment a few days ago then remembered the name of the thread cannot be changed, but funny anyway.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

I had something in my post about asking if it had been misspelled "brassierre?"
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Mopardoctor
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2015

I was shooting in a high-power rifle match when one of the other shooters filed a protest that one female shooter was using "artificial" support in the standing position. The referee stated that he was not going to touch the subject.

Comment

• Willfg
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2017

...Aw, they edited the title

Comment

• Six5x39
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

All my ar's ejects 3 :30 .. but only grendel ejects higher than others . I noticed it when brass will go over the brass catcher . where 308 and 300blk goes in nicely . dont think anything wrong with it . just something I noticed

Comment

• Lastrites
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

Juan, you should check to see if the bolt face is 1/8" to 1/4" in front of the back edge of the ejection port when you manually pull all the way back on the charging handle. If the bolt is even or disappears into the upper receiver the brass could be tagging the back edge of port and being bounced forward instead of out cleanly. More common of an issue than many realize.

Comment

• Willfg
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Mopardoctor View Post
                          I was shooting in a high-power rifle match when one of the other shooters filed a protest that one female shooter was using "artificial" support in the standing position. The referee stated that he was not going to touch the subject.
                          Did you offer to provide assistance...as a gentleman should?

Comment

• jurassic
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2014

[QUOTE=Lastrites;171864]Juan, you should check to see if the bolt face is 1/8" to 1/4" in front of the back edge of the ejection port when you manually pull all the way back on the charging handle. If the bolt is even or disappears into the upper receiver the brass could be tagging the back edge of port and being bounced forward instead of out cleanly. More common of an issue than many realize.[/QUOTE
                            What causes this and how do you fix it?

Comment

• Lastrites
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

[QUOTE=jurassic;171897]
                              Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
                              Juan, you should check to see if the bolt face is 1/8" to 1/4" in front of the back edge of the ejection port when you manually pull all the way back on the charging handle. If the bolt is even or disappears into the upper receiver the brass could be tagging the back edge of port and being bounced forward instead of out cleanly. More common of an issue than many realize.
                              [/QUOTE
                              What causes this and how do you fix it?
                              Cause could be opposite ends of tolerance or a receiver extension that happens to be a bit long, first check would be to make sure the receiver extension is screwed in as far as it should be. The easy fix is to remove your buffer and spring and add a couple of quarters into the receiver extension and reinstall the spring and buffer. The more proper fix is to face with a file or sander the front of the receiver extension for proper length fit, sometimes you can get way with just a filing a notch where the detent is and rotating the tube one turn. Where other times it requires removal of more material across the entire face of the tube. I've had to do this on several lowers, a couple I got way with just a notch and at least one of them required removal across the entire face.
                              Last edited by Lastrites; 11-08-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X