• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TKO
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

FTF Fixed!

I recently completed a lightweight hunter build (http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...t-Hunter-Build) and while it was accurate as all get out I was having issues with the bolt not going completely into battery when the weapon was dirty . . . and my guns are always dirty so I had to fix this.

I figured I needed a little more BCG momentum, so I swapped out the steel weights in my carbine buffer for tungsten weights creating, effectively, a H2 buffer.

Voila! Feeds like a champ.

Dialed the gas in for the H2 and it is soft shooting and sweet feeding. Going to go out and, hopefully, ruin a coyotes night with it.

Anyway, if you are having any issues with FTF on a standard carbine buffer, a little more weight might take care of it for you. YMMV
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

There's nothing sweeter than a success story!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Nice. Good to hear you found the fix , and how easy was that? Very nice.
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• TKO
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2017

Very simple.

Remove buffer, drive out pin. Disassemble and swap weights.

If you have an adjustable gas system on your AR-15 rifle, changing the buffer weight can do some wonderful things; here's how to get it done.

Comment

Working...
        X