• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ranger4219
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2017

Hello from Bucks County Pennsylvania

Hi thanks for letting join in. I hope to learn alot. This round as really peaked my interest. Doing two builds my First Ar15 SPR ground up build in 6.5 Grendel. The second will be Howa mini action in the same caliber using the #6 20 inch heavy barrel and MDT/LSS chassis.
    Last edited by Ranger4219; 11-07-2017, 10:47 AM.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Ranger4219 - Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas! A good start on both counts. But, what is the grocery list for the SPR?

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

Ranger - Hello from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

I shoot in Bucks County at Paletown. Long range shooting around here is 100 yds.

Still fun to shoot small groups. I just bought a Howa mini and am waiting for shipment to my FFL.

I have 4 Grendel barrels in assorted sizes. Best group so far 0.5 MOA from a 24" Alexander Overwatch.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Ranger4219! Pictures of your builds and range reports are always welcome!

Comment

• lrgrendel
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Hello Ranger. Welcome.
          What stock and scope are you planning for the Mini?

What distance are you planning in shooting or is it for hunting only?

Comment

• GaCop
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2017

A big welcome from another newbie!

Comment

• Ranger4219
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2017

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

I am still working on parts list on both. Especially difficult time on what barrel to run I am looking at the 20 inch to match the Howa. Tough call on the AR barrel. I am looking at the FAXON heavy fluted 20, But it's difficult to get a return email and contact company on my question on why there is not headspaced bolt to compliment barrel not shown but 556 there is.

I have the go/no goes but I like idea of manufacturer bolt barrel combo. I am interested in primary arms scopes with acss recticle. Something for quick acquisition for multiple targets varying distance.

The Howa will be more precision tool MDT LSS in FDE swing out us prices swing out bubble level, scope SWFA SS 10x42M mil quad with an atlas bipod or Harris. PRS stock or Luther-AR

Will more details on the double build shortly.

Comment

Working...
              X