X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

wps files (from Microsoft Works if I recall) should be openable in MS Word. The formatting (font, size, bold, etc) won't be usable but you can still retrieve the raw text from it.... then maybe we can find someone to help in re-formatting it for ya.

I'd be willing to try to open it/recover text for you if you want, don't know if I can volunteer to re-format the whole thing or not, just being honest here.
    But I'll bet the text could be recovered. Let me know.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
      You can translate the file, I'm no IT nerd but I know it can be done. Google is a capable wench for these purposes especially. If it can't be directly done, someone out there can take your discs, and get the data for you. I have a guy if you find an itch that you cannot scratch, and it won't go away; let me know.
      Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      wps files (from Microsoft Works if I recall) should be openable in MS Word. The formatting (font, size, bold, etc) won't be usable but you can still retrieve the raw text from it.... then maybe we can find someone to help in re-formatting it for ya.

I'd be willing to try to open it/recover text for you if you want, don't know if I can volunteer to re-format the whole thing or not, just being honest here.
      But I'll bet the text could be recovered. Let me know.
      Thanks, guys. You are too kind. I don't have MS Word on this computer, so I tried opening the wps files with Wordpad.

The result was as you said, grayfox: Unusable for anything but the raw text. I'd have to completely retype everything.

Comment

• Keef
        Warrior
        • Jun 2017

Open office is a free program that might open it. I know it gives you a ton of file types to save as....

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

Time to get rolling! Starline Untapered Grendel Basic Brass!

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

It looks like the length is 39.37mm and they state the brass will get longer on forming, maybe to the magic 40.4mm.
            A partial size to 6.5mm in a Grendel die may be just the ticket with a final sizing to 6mm with a 6mm PPC die or with the proper bushings to 6mm.
            Can't a reamer then be ordered based on the formed case?

Comment

• hill37
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

Is anyone working on a 6mm Grendel? What would be best' a plain neck down or a Fat Rat improved case ? Does any one make custom drop ins for RAP?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

For maximum flexibility (better to have case capacity and not need it than to need it and not have it) I'd recommend 6mmAR Turbothink is analogous to a Fat Rat Improved.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• hill37
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

What about the 40 degree Fat Rat ?

Comment

• StoneHendge
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2016

Well ain't she slim and purty. 105 gr 6mm RDF with a G7 of .280 in the center. Makes the 123 Scenar on the left and 123 SMK on the right look porky.

IMG_20180322_183349_crop_388x193.jpg
                    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• badkarmaiii
                      Unwashed
                      • Jun 2018

Any news on this project?

Comment

• hill37
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

There is some talk in the group buy section but no consensus on what to order.

Comment

Working...
                        X