• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Irbuff
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

Vg6 gamma 65 or other muzzle devise

I'm currently in the process of ordering parts for my grendel build but not sure what muzzle devise to use. Right now I'm looking at the vg6 gamma 65 but not sure if that's going to be a good one to use? I'll be honest all the ar's that shot have just had a birdcage so I have 0 experience with any others. Eventually I want to shoot it suppressed but not sure when or how long that will be so I don't want have to have a threaded as of yet. Just looking for some advise. Also not looking to spend more then 100-125 if I don't have to but maybe willing to if one comes highly recommended! This will mainly be coyote hunting and bench shooting rifle with an 18" barrel if that makes any difference. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Irbuff; 11-10-2017, 03:42 PM.
  • Irbuff
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

Not sure how to delete this but I see there is another thread very similar that is still active sorry!

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

This is the first post in a series that will cover the results from an epic muzzle brake field test. This represents an unprecedented, data-driven approach to evaluating the best precision rifle muzzle brakes on the market. Hundreds of hours have gone into this research, and the tests I conducted are built on advice and ...

Read these guys plus the muzzle brake studies they did, 7.62, 6.5, and 6mm. Good reading. I researched these tests when I got my MBs.
      I have some [edit] voodoo innovations (similar but not the same) and like them, they do real well on my Howa (20" HB). I'm using one on a 16" build also.
      I also have one Impact Precision MB ($105) which also does real well on an 18" Grrr.
      Lots of good choices in your price range.
      Best one I use is the APA Lil B****d, but it runs about $250 or so.
      Last edited by grayfox; 11-10-2017, 04:21 PM.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Need to edit my above and apologize b/c I had a different MB in my head, similar but not the same as the vg6.
        I was actually describing the voodoo innovations Jet Comp.

Comment

• paulw
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2017

The VG6 is included in this comparison...
          The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

I used one on my 20" group buy build - nicely finished & seems to work well + not too loud, but I'm far from an expert.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

yeah the TTAG website also has some good studies.

Comment

• PVBoom
              Warrior
              • Oct 2017

There are multiple reviews out there with different results from year to year. The one by TheTruthAboutGuns #2 liked the VG6 Gamma a lot.
              Last edited by PVBoom; 11-10-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Willfg
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

Its what I ordered for my build (not built yet). I also looked at the Precision Armament M-41. Went with the VG6 -- lower price, lighter/smaller, good reviews.

Comment

• Lastrites
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

I've shot by neighbors 6.5 w/gamma and it felt about same recoil (about none felt) no blast to the face with just a bit more concussion off to the sides than the $35 strike industries J-comp II on my budget build 6.5. I was going to buy a gamma but it just didn't fit into my budget at time and I was in a time crunch so I settled and have no regrets.
                  Last edited by Lastrites; 11-10-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• PVBoom
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2017

Note that Brownells has the VG6 line on sale (and has for a little while)

Personally I want them to make the Epsilon in 6.5, that is a Gamma with some additional prongs for flash hiding.
                    Last edited by PVBoom; 11-11-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• JethroBodine
                      Bloodstained
                      • Apr 2017

IRBuff,

I have six VG6 brakes on 556, 300 Black Out and 6.5 Grendel and really like them. Almost zero rise and decreased recoil in all calibers I have.

Schuyler Arms ( http://www.schuylerarmsco.com ) has all of their VG6 brakes on sale for $40 for Veterans Day.

Comment

• Irbuff
                        Bloodstained
                        • Aug 2017

Awesome! Thanks guys looks like that's what I'll be going with after all the good talk about them!

Comment

• Sticks
                          Chieftain
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by JethroBodine View Post

Schuyler Arms ( http://www.schuylerarmsco.com ) has all of their VG6 brakes on sale for $40 for Veterans Day.
                          SON OF A....!

A certain vendor is going to get sick of returns. I keep finding crap cheaper 2 weeks after purchase...and I do shop around.
                          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• JethroBodine
                            Bloodstained
                            • Apr 2017

Sticks,

I'm suffering from buyers remorse also. I stocked up on stuff pre-election that is now going for a lot less. Schuyler's is a great place to shop with fast shipping and great prices and I'm pretty sure it's owned by a Vet. All plus's in my book.

Comment

• Irbuff
                              Bloodstained
                              • Aug 2017

Kind of off topic but do you guys ever look at Sportsman's warehouse for ammo? I'm finding they are cheating then psa on most of it plus if you are a member it's 10% cheaper yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X