• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Jakegsxr11 View Post
    https://www.precisionfirearms.com/m8...er-barrel.html

They also have different brands of barrels if you like; bartlein, Krieger, criterion, lilja...
    Thanks, that's not the one I was thinking of but I will look through it since I haven't seen this one before.
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      I don’t own a 4 round E-Lander mag but the C Products and ASC 4 round mags use a full length spring compressed into the mag body to control the number of rounds the mag will accept. The extra weight is probably the extra spring filling the body.
      E-Lander does just this, wound coil of spring in base of mag to reduce the load, my E-Lander weighs more than my C-Products mags as it seems the spring is heavier. My 10 round E-Lander that I blocked to be a 5 rounder weighs less then both the brands of 4 rounders.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
        Warrior
        • Nov 2017

So I called AA. They were very nice to talk to and confirmed that the four round magazine is actually just a blocked ten round magazine and is therefor heavier than the ten rounder. I asked if I could substitute the 4 round mag for an additional 10 round mag (same price) and they cheerfully obliged. It was nice to talk to such helpful people.
        Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Frontier Gear
          Warrior
          • Nov 2017

Well it worked! He was bedded down at 230 yards right at dusk. I could barely make out his antlers. Maybe I'll keep the 50mm scope after all I would say that it was a DRT, but since he was already laying down he just lowered his head and never moved. The Hornady Black 123 grain bullet went in right under the spine but above the heart. It was recovered just under the hide on the opposite side but lower, more about the mid-section of the deer. All-in-all I am very pleased. My goal was a light or mid-weight 250 yard gun that wouldn't blow up the meat. This did very well. If I didn't know better, I would say that this deer was shot at about 100 yards with a 30-30 just by looking at the wounds.

I'll still take it to the range and iron out any magazine bugs as well as keep researching different barrels for next year.

65 grendel buck.jpg
          bullet.jpg
          Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• phishfood
            Warrior
            • Jul 2017

That is impressive expansion.

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

That bulet performed well for being a match bullet (ELD).
              I was planning on using the SST when our deer season opens.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                Warrior
                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                That bulet performed well for being a match bullet (ELD).
                I was planning on using the SST when our deer season opens.
                Agreed. It performed very well.

It's what I had on hand and is what the gun was sighted in with. I figure that good shot placement is more important than the difference between an SST and an ELD. I guess the proof is in the pudding.
                Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
                X