Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Second Howa Heavy Barrel in jail.

• Bill the loader
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

That is so lame, they think holding this one up would stop you from using your other rifle if you were so inclined. California is bonkers.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Bill the loader View Post
      That is so lame, they think holding this one up would stop you from using your other rifle if you were so inclined. California is bonkers.
      Bill, That is not what I call them. You are being too nice. A long time ago TN had a 2 wk cooling off period. It did nothing but punish law abiding people . This is all the IDIOTS in commiefornia are doing also. TN did away with that law several years ago.Thank Goodness. I guess commiefornia thinks that is the only time someone will buy a weapon is when they are mad. Beautiful state but I'm glad I don't live there,I would be mad all the time with their B.S. Rules.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

16a2, got on my rant and forgot to ask you. How does the first Howa Mini HB shoot? I'm very pleased with mine esp. now I have it dialed in. Put a new scope on it for hunting,new rings. Will be using it Saturday,opening day rifle season,and just hope I have a target. I take it that your first HB shot good since you ordered a second.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
          Warrior
          • Aug 2015

Lone,

Working out great. .46 inch groups at 100yds, with the ELD-M 123gr at 2450fps. The second rifle is going to be a Long Range rig. It will be getting the MDT LSS chassis in black, an 20 moa rail with a Leupold VX3-8.5x25x50 with a TMOA reticle I got from Chazroh. Should be quite a shooter. A2

Comment

• Lone Hunter
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

That is some good shooting. I have a Leupold MK 4 4.5x14 with the TMR reticle I'm considering pulling off my .308 and put it on the Grendel. I want to keep it light for hunting so I think I'll keep the 3x9 on it. I like that chassis and the scope. I bought a Boyds AT-1 stock but wish I had gone with the chassis now. Nothing against the stock. I like it. My .264 LBC and the Howa Mini both really love the 123 gr ELD M. That is going to be my hunting bullet this year. Want to see what the Berger 130's will do but that's a project for after deer season. Glad it's working out great for you.

Comment

• Bill the loader
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2017

Lone Hunter, let me know how the ELD M works out hunting. I was thinking of going with them by lacked time before Alabama's gun season, starts Saturday. Shooting 123 SST,s , will check ELD,s in March. Shoot something big , let us in on performance.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

I am going to take my lightweight barrel Howa mini Grendel out for a walk in the woods the first day of deer season with SSTs.

It is shooting 1/2" low at 50 yards with Wolf steel, 123gr AMAX and 123gr SSTs. I was surprised 4 rounds made one ragged hole (2 Wolf, 1 AMAX, 1 SST).

Good enough.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Bill the loader View Post
                  Lone Hunter, let me know how the ELD M works out hunting. I was thinking of going with them by lacked time before Alabama's gun season, starts Saturday. Shooting 123 SST,s , will check ELD,s in March. Shoot something big , let us in on performance.
                  Sure will Bill. Our rifle season opens tomorrow. Hopefully one will come get his shot of copper and lead. Hope performance is like I expect and the high winds and rain hold off..

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                    I am going to take my lightweight barrel Howa mini Grendel out for a walk in the woods the first day of deer season with SSTs.

It is shooting 1/2" low at 50 yards with Wolf steel, 123gr AMAX and 123gr SSTs. I was surprised 4 rounds made one ragged hole (2 Wolf, 1 AMAX, 1 SST).

Good enough.
                    bj, Both my Mini Howa and .264 LBC shoot very good at 100. I am using the 123 gr ELD M in both. I am using IMR 8208 XBR and CCI 450 primers. If I remember correctly deer season opens the Monday after Thanksgiving in your area unless they have changed the seasons. Always saw a bunch of deer at the wife's grandparents but that has been several years ago now. Good Luck On Your Hunt.

Comment

Working...
                    X