• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Stripped bolts on the cheap from BCA

Just got a mailing from BCA advertising stripped 6.5 Grendel bolts for $19.95. For a double sawbuck, you can have a spare bolt (almost).
    b-65-webmain.jpg
    They are also advertising a complete 6.5 Grendel BCG for $74.

For those of you getting your builds together, here is a nice piece of the pie for short money.

This page displays when the page cannot be found, the link is broken, or the page has been moved.

Just not clear on whether or not the "Type II" indicates the .136" or not.

Last edited by NugginFutz; 11-15-2017, 02:51 AM.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
    Just got a mailing from BCA advertising stripped 6.5 Grendel bolts for $19.95. For a double sawbuck, you can have a spare bolt (almost).

Just not clear on whether or not the "Type II" indicates the .136" or not.
    I'm new to the AR, saw that stripped bolt and wondered if it was worth buying one. Do they wear out or break often?

I've got that bolt in my new upper and it is marked 6.5 Gren II so AFAIK it is .136" but when I measure it's a little over that.
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

The 6.5 Grendel bolts are supposed to be .136 + or - .001. Black Hole Weaponry (BHW) sold barrels chambered to use 7.62X39 bolts with .125 bolt face depth which they marked as Type I. BHW also sold a few barrels chambered to use 6.5 Grendel bolts with .136 Bolt Face Depth marked as Type II to distinguish the difference.

To add to the confusion Satern/Liberty released a barrel that shoots 6.5 Grendel ammo with a Grendel II chamber.

I hope I never need an extra bolt for my 6.5 Grendel AR-15’s but seeing how I have three I have an extra bolt plus an extra extractor. With the reasonable price of the Group buy 6.5 Grendel bolt I thought it was a good idea to have a spare. I also have spare 5.56/223 bolts.

With BCA’s low prices it’s makes it affordable so you can have a spare bolt. BCA bolts haven’t been on the market long enough to gauge the life of their bolts and extractors. I’ve only seen one report of a broken extractor and BCA quickly supplied a replacement.

Comment

Working...
      X