X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diddlyv
    Warrior
    • Aug 2016

I like mine a lot. It gets confused sometimes with others shooting 10 feet away from my table but you can decrease sensitivity and works well most of the time other than when a big magnum with a muzzle break is on the next point
    Queen of Battle
    Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• cb4017
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Dang! I gotta feeling this thread is gonna cost me about $500...
      Cliff
      USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

I haven't seen one get shot before.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

If you do it will have to be on purpose.

Comment

• cb4017
            Warrior
            • Dec 2016

Well, my Labradar is on order. Now waiting for Midway to get her shipped. Also ordered a Vortex Viper scope that was on sale.
            Cliff
            USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

I'm using one now...First impressions is that you have to take care aiming the radar at your target as I received a few error readings first up. Once you get that figured out it records every time. Tried shooting fast to see if would record every shot but you can shoot too fast for this thing. It then misses shots. One every couple of seconds works

It recorded .223 out to 75yards and 308 out to the target at 100. No doubt because of the larger diameter 308

Does anyone else have any experience with using the radar with a suppressor? It won't trigger the normal way via the microphone on the side of the device. Using 'Doppler' worked but then you don't know when the bullet entered the detection arc to be able to extrapolate back to the muzzle velocity. I figured it was about 20ft and used that in JBM Ballistics to get a MV. Is that how you guys are doing it with cans?

About one ghost reading per string of ten. This is where the radar thinks two shots have been fired but only one has. Perhaps it's debris. The ghost reading is easy to spot as it's velocity is low, sometimes half of the normal so I just deleted it at the end of the string.

I might set up the old Chrony and shoot with both to compare.

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

IIRC the Labradar was full auto capeable. Outside my budget, and needs, so I have not looked into it that hard.

The other people that I have seen (youtube) and read don't have a problem with .223/.556 out to 100, and I don't remember anyone having issues with fast shots. Confusing with someone shooting in the next stall maybe.

Even with a suppressor, you should be getting the reading with the mike at 130 +/-db
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Klem
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Only fifteen rounds high-power suppressed, the rest (60) with suppressed subsonic 300BLK which is a quieter. Initial impressions only but would have thought the quieter suppressed could still trigger a microphone, especially given you have an 8-point sensitivity scale in the Settings.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by WolfSniper6.5 View Post
                    I've been using one since April 2015. It's been fantastic, so easy to set up and works in any light condition. Only complaint would be not being able to go back to a previous string and continue adding shots to it
                    Only had mine for about a week now, and I agree, not being able to go back and add to a string is disappointing! Other than that and getting used to the units "buttonology", Im happy with its performance, at least so far.

Picked up a 22,000mAh battery pack off Amazon for power. Used it continuosly for 6.5 hours today and 400+ shots. The battery pack was still showing a full charge when I turned it off.

I agonized over the Labradar or the Magneto speed for months. The size of the Labradar was a big concern but, being able to switch back and forth between multiple guns, literally as fast as you can pick them up and shoot was what ultimately sold me.
                    Last edited by Harpoon1; 01-23-2018, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Klem
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Been doing some more research on another forum and it looks like suppressed subsonic does not trigger the Radar's acoustic start and you have to either use the air-gun/archery trigger microphone (another $45), or use it in Doppler mode.

Two fixes that I'm going to try is to angle the radar so the acoustic trigger (the middle of each side) is closest to the barrel;

and using a set-square for better aiming. Apparently the cone is wider vertically than horizontally so getting it aimed exactly at the target is important;

Both good ideas from...
                      Reference:
                      Raymond Gross, 'Ray's New Lab Radar'

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

I see one of those getting shot by accident soon.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

Is there Labradar insurance available?

Comment

• mdewitt71
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

I have the Caldwell Chrony, the Pro Chrono, and was debating between the Magneto and the LabRadar.
                            In the end the LabRador won out and I am really glad I opted for it.
                            No need to play with a bayonet and put on from rifle to rifle..... and more importantly no POI changed from the bayonet (which I have used and seen 1st hand). Set up and tear down of the LabRadar is very simple and I use a laptop soft case to transport it.
                            I bought an Anker extrenal battery from amazon and it works for days on it too include my Lyman borescope cam works on it as well.
                            Last edited by mdewitt71; 01-26-2018, 11:40 PM.
                            ― George Orwell

Comment

• bj139
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2017

I just ordered a Labradar from Brownells.
                              I haven't seen much velocity data reported from other users.

Comment

• cb4017
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2016

I really like and use my Labradar. Recently they released their firmware to activate the Bluetooth feature and the app to go with it. Very cool. You can control everything from the app on your phone.
                                Cliff
                                USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

Working...
                                X