• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Labradar

Who is using a Labradar and if so what is your opinion?

I have an old Chrony from the 1980s so I think it may be time for me to upgrade.
  • acourvil
    Warrior
    • Dec 2013

Great piece of gear.

Comment

• ALshooter
      Unwashed
      • May 2017

I don't have one personally but have been shooting by them for the past year for chrono stages at matches.
      I plan to buy one whenever I finish my current rifle builds.

Comment

• Jakal
        Warrior
        • May 2014

LabRadar is a great piece of gear. I replaced my CED M2 with one. No shade screens, works on dark cloudy days. But expensive. Easy to set up and very reliable.

Highly recommended!
        ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• terrywick4
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I've have one and am happy with it for the most part. A few things could be improved upon. 1) the blue tooth doesn't work they say they are working on it but they have said this from the start. 2) you cannot pre enter multiple bullets/load work up data (I like to shoot a round robin when doing a work up) without loosing some functions. Their work around is to use multiple sd cards and swap them out. would be nice to be able to go back and forth between series and not loose functions instead of trying to keep cards straight. 3) the aiming device isn't very good. the better you are aligned with the target the better readings down range. When using boat tails the labradar has issues picking them up down range especially on smaller caliber bullets. 4) would be nice if it would give average power factors for a string also. The data is there so you'd think that this would be an easy addition. THis would be very beneficial to the competition hand gunners where power factor is measured before they shoot a match and is determined by average of usually a 5 shot string. I talked with a tech from Labradar and they weren't so concerned with adding it.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Great summary, tw4.

But it also goes toward why I say "Never by version 1.0 of anything." Wait for the update.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• pinetreebbs
              Warrior
              • Nov 2013

I've been reading about them and now MidwayUSA has them sale.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by pinetreebbs View Post
                I've been reading about them and now MidwayUSA has them sale.
                I have been eyeing that for a few days. I wonder if a Black Friday sale is around the corner.

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Agree with the others, don't own one but a couple friends do and some day I will. Love the easy setup. Some day I will get one but until then will just shoot some with friends that have one

Comment

• rabiddawg
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2013

For comparison sake, midway is currently showing the magnetospeed at $339 and labradar at $499.
                    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Sticks
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2016

Tagged for further updates.

I have the Magnetospeed V3 - that is now carried in my shooting backpack in a padded soft tripod case (now it's the equivalent of a sporter version). That is the one upside to the Magnetospeed is overall size. The LabRadar seems to be a bit on the bulky side.

Having said that - I am not concerned with power factor, as much as accurate readings and getting that info logged for me. Might have to put my MagnetoSpeed up for sale and upgrade with the funds.
                      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• terrywick4
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

I got one of the first ones out, about a year after it was supposed to be released. And at first I was disappointed it had trouble with amax at 100 yds. The original literature was saying it was going to be able to go to 400 yds but the FCC put the cabobs on that. Since I have had it I have received two software updates on it and they still say that the Bluetooth update is coming......maybe
                        Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                        Great summary, tw4.

But it also goes toward why I say "Never by version 1.0 of anything." Wait for the update.

Comment

• IceAxe
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2014

I love mine. if you examine the flight data in the on the memory card you can get real time data as to whats happening to velocity and even do some data reduction through excel as it tracts the bullets flight. One limitation I have found is that it has an extremely difficult time trying to register and track muzzle loaders. Its the only time I have received an error. I suspect there is so much debris coming out of the barrel it gets confused on what to track. I bought one of the first units and have already updated the firmware. I would highly recommend getting one you wont be sorry.

Comment

• WolfSniper6.5
                            Unwashed
                            • Nov 2017

I've been using one since April 2015. It's been fantastic, so easy to set up and works in any light condition. Only complaint would be not being able to go back to a previous string and continue adding shots to it

Comment

• Cleric
                              Unwashed
                              • Feb 2017

I bought one of the first ones. It’s great once you get used to using it. I always had trouble with shooting chrony due to clouds or light or baffles or moon phase etc

Once I figured out how to set the lab radar it’s awesome. I put mine on a tripod next to my shooting rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X