• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zcostilla
    Warrior
    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by wilecoyote View Post
    Zac, looks like a nice build you have going. Get that thing done! Hahaha...

I'll definitely post my results. I haven't mounted it yet, but with a long weekend coming up...

This is the rifle that has been used as my trigger eval/test platform. My Grendel of course.

It doesn't have the monopod anymore. I decided to remove them as I like bags better.

Thanks for the encouragement. That's a pretty rifle you have there. How heavy is it? I'm not really very mobile anymore, but even though I won't be stalking with it, I still don't want to top 7.5 lbs when it's all finished.
    Last edited by zcostilla; 11-23-2017, 01:33 AM. Reason: Clarity
    -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• wilecoyote
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

Zac, that rifle is a tank . It's around 12#, but I only really use it for shooting distance from a bench or prone. A motorcycle accident leery me with not a lot of hiking or hunting. The scope alone is a little over a couple pounds. It's still lighter than my Creedmoor . If I was going to go for a hunting rig, I would use a short barrel, retail and different stock. I had an 18" Grendel built up, but a friend just had to have it. When he gets back I'll ask him to weigh it and post or send you pics. It used an STR stock and Troy rail. It still has the Nikon monarch 2.5-10x50 in a 20 MOA Nikon mount, but I don't think the weighs half of what that Steiner does...

Comment

• Willfg
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2017

https://triggertech.com/collections/...rimary-trigger $125 on the triggertech site on sale

Comment

• js8588
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Willfg View Post
          https://triggertech.com/collections/...rimary-trigger $125 on the triggertech site on sale
          If you're even considering one, order it now. I may grab one of these to swap out with my Geissele. I'm just not in love with it.

Comment

• Willfg
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by js8588 View Post
            If you're even considering one, order it now. I may grab one of these to swap out with my Geissele. I'm just not in love with it.
            Yep, I ordered 1

Comment

• wilecoyote
              Warrior
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by js8588 View Post
              That's great. Good find. But how dare you... you've doubted and put down the almighty Geissele product. Hahaha, just kidding. I out of anyone understand where you're coming from.

Hopefully the lower for my 458 comes in today and I can pick it up along with the lower for my 6mm Creedmoor. Then I'll have a reason (or no excuse) to swap out and use all the triggers I have and get the Triggertech into my Grendel where it is/was planned to go. I actually can't wait to try it out.

Comment

• zcostilla
                Warrior
                • Aug 2017

Shot my lower today and I LOVE THE TRIGGERTECH. It was our first time shooting my lower, mating it with my son’s 16” upper in 223 with a Bushnell TRS25 red dot (2MOA). We were in a 25m indoor range, and I put 20 rounds in a 6” group in about 30 seconds but didn’t feel this was the right condition to try to make furthered tests for accuracy. There were issues with his setup, so trying to test for accuracy was not exactly ideal. His $20 BUIS sights were a failure, the front sight wobbles on recoil and worse, the rear aperture won’t lock into either position, and won’t stay consistent from one shot to the next. He hasn’t spent the cash to upgrade them yet (18-years old, so I get it), so under the circumstances I only used one box of ammo, and let my 13-year old son go to town with the other boxes I had bought for the occasion.

EDITED TO ADD: I forgot to talk about the trigger quality. I’ve dry fired this on my son’s lower a couple hundred times to get a good feel for it. It is a 2-stage trigger, with the first take up stage having a light, consistent pull weight that hits a distinct, firm wall where the trigger begins to put pressure on the sear for disengagement. The second stage has absolutely zero distinguishable creep or grit, and the roller design is effective in making the break absolutely the same with each shot. This seems like an ideal setup for precision shooting. One last thing, I got the flat trigger shoe (I’d have taken either for the price I got) and it’s the first time I’ve ever used one, but I like it a lot. I index my index finger on the little nub, and it didn’t take long to develop a muscle memory that makes it consistent with every shot. And pulling at the bottom of the trigger shoe instead of the middle increases the leverage enough that it feels lighter than 3.5 lbs. All in all, I’m excited to put this lower against a precision upper and give it a better test.

sorry to hijack the thread, but since this was a Triggertech post, I hope it was value added.
                Last edited by zcostilla; 11-25-2017, 02:03 PM.
                -Zac

Comment

• wilecoyote
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zcostilla View Post
                  Shot my lower today and I LOVE THE TRIGGERTECH. It was our first time shooting my lower, mating it with my son’s 16” upper in 223 with a Bushnell TRS25 red dot (2MOA). We were in a 25m indoor range, and I put 20 rounds in a 6” group in about 30 seconds but didn’t feel this was the right condition to try to make furthered tests for accuracy. There were issues with his setup, so trying to test for accuracy was not exactly ideal. His $20 BUIS sights were a failure, the front sight wobbles on recoil and worse, the rear aperture won’t lock into either position, and won’t stay consistent from one shot to the next. He hasn’t spent the cash to upgrade them yet (18-years old, so I get it), so under the circumstances I only used one box of ammo, and let my 13-year old son go to town with the other boxes I had bought for the occasion.
                  Woohoo!!!! That's awesome Zac. Thanks for the info. I am anxious to try mine. I'm going for a range trip tomorrow no matter what.

Glad it worked so well for you. Again thanks for letting everyone know your experience.

Comment

• zcostilla
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2017

Woohoo!!!! That's awesome Zac. Thanks for the info. I am anxious to try mine. I'm going for a range trip tomorrow no matter what.

Glad it worked so well for you. Again thanks for letting everyone know your experience.
                    -Zac

Comment

• zcostilla
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2017

Just wondering how your trigger shot and if it worked out for you. Can you give us a range report?
                      -Zac

Comment

• wilecoyote
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2013

Apologies everyone. Life has thrown it's curves so been dealing with those and unable to get out. I'm making sure I can get out this weekend and will get results posted soon after.

Dry fires have me happy and hopeful thus far. Trigger feels real good.

Comment

• wilecoyote
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2013

Finally!

I got a range trip to try the Triggertech. I'm actually liking this trigger. It's operation is very similar to my AR Gold. Almost no weight to a short take up. The wall is encountered, and then the break is nice and crisp. Reset distance is also short and positive. Butter smooth with no grit even on a very slow release of pressure.

I want to get more time with it, but after this first outting this will probably be my standard for my precision rifles. Not planning to finish my 6mm Creedmoor until the beginning of February, so I have some time to do a few more trips and sell off the LaRue rail I won't be using in another build.

For those that don't like the very light feel of the first stage of an AR Gold, you may not care for this offering either. Seems to be working for me right now.

Comment

• js8588
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2017

Excellent. Other than being similar to the AR Gold, how would you compare the two?

Comment

• Willfg
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2017

Finally!

I got a range trip to try the Triggertech. I'm actually liking this trigger. It's operation is very similar to my AR Gold. Almost no weight to a short take up. The wall is encountered, and then the break is nice and crisp. Reset distance is also short and positive. Butter smooth with no grit even on a very slow release of pressure.

I want to get more time with it, but after this first outting this will probably be my standard for my precision rifles. Not planning to finish my 6mm Creedmoor until the beginning of February, so I have some time to do a few more trips and sell off the LaRue rail I won't be using in another build.

For those that don't like the very light feel of the first stage of an AR Gold, you may not care for this offering either. Seems to be working for me right now.
                              I just installed a TriggerTech trigger and have the same impressions. I'm going from a Velocity trigger, a few things I like better:

1. The first stage take-up. Originally, was sure I didn't want a two stage...my mistake
                              2. Break seems more crisp
                              3. Reset seems a little shorter
                              4. Wider trigger...felt easier to control

And, overall, seems to have a smoother feel.

This is on my 300 Blackout...haven't built my 6.5 Grendel upper yet.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2017

Thanks for the update guys. Very helpful.
                                Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
                                X