• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilecoyote
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Yet another trigger on the way...

Thanks to another member, I have ordered a Triggertech competitive 3.5# trigger.

According to what i have been able to gather, the function should be similar to the AR Gold. From photos it looks as the bow might just be what I'm looking for as it looks wider than the AR Gold. I'm hoping that is indeed true. If it is, it'll be what I've been looking for.

Thank you PVBoom for the info and suggestion.
    Last edited by wilecoyote; 11-18-2017, 04:16 PM.
  • js8588
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Excellent. I think you'll like it. Looking forward to your review.

Comment

• wilecoyote
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by js8588 View Post
      Excellent. I think you'll like it. Looking forward to your review.
      Thanks, took your advice. Sounds like just the ticket. I'll post when I receive the trigger.

BTW, got a decent deal. $189.95 and it comes along with a set of V7 titanium pins and free shipping because I spent enough. Hahaha...
      Last edited by wilecoyote; 11-16-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
        Warrior
        • Nov 2017

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.
        Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• PVBoom
          Warrior
          • Oct 2017

I would humbly submit that you (eventually) create some new thread with your observations in different posts. You could copy paste your previous thoughts to provide a master thread.
          Last edited by PVBoom; 11-16-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• js8588
            Warrior
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by wilecoyote View Post
            Thanks, took your advice. Sounds like just the ticket. I'll post when I receive the trigger.

BTW, got a decent deal. $189.95 and it comes along with a set of V7 titanium pins and free shipping because I spent enough. Hahaha...
            If you decide you don't like it, drop me a PM and we can discuss a reasonable price. I'm sure I can find a use for it.

Comment

• wilecoyote
              Warrior
              • Jul 2013

I'll consolidate my comments, a thread specifically may be a good thing for others looking for info.

That's I keep ending up with rifles... well I have this or that part, maybe build another rifle

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                Warrior
                • Nov 2017

That's I keep ending up with rifles... well I have this or that part, maybe build another rifle
                Working on one of those right now...
                Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• wilecoyote
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2013

Hahaha... I'm working on two of those right now. Another AR15 based build and an AR10 (LR308) based project.

Thought this wouldn't be here till Monday. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong.

Now... what to do with the extra pins included...
                  Last edited by wilecoyote; 11-18-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• zcostilla
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2017

I look forward to your review. I also bought a Triggertech, but haven’t shot it yet because my AR is still incomplete. I got mine used from a guy parting out his AR for bolt gun and scope for 1000 meter shooting. He said it has less than 300 rounds shot with it, and I only paid $130, shipped. I did get to dry fire it a couple times with my son’s upper on my lower and I was plain giddy. We’re going shooting on Black Friday (as long as my health allows me to go), and I was already planning on a range report comparing it to his RRA MIL-SPEC trigger, swapping his upper between lowers for the tests. I can share if you would like.

Funny, you mentioned the AR Gold trigger; I was really leaning toward the AR Gold when I saw this review: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...igger-roundup/. The thing that impressed me was the fact that it had the most consistent pull over multiple repetitions and had a shorter 1st-stage takeup than the AR Gold. If it is that consistent, then it will make my rifle that much more inherently accurate. Since this will not be a competition gun, I see no need for a competition trigger, and I really wanted a 2-stage setup for hunting and target shooting. I think I’ll be pretty happy with it.Below are pics of my trigger in the box, and on my partially completed AR.

Here’s my incomplete gun with the TriggerTech Trigger.
                    8F40FD70-0D40-498F-8AD3-E2F7220AC010.jpegD9106EBC-0251-4584-8DFF-BC4BCC1980BC.jpeg
                    -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• wilecoyote
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2013

Zac, looks like a nice build you have going. Get that thing done! Hahaha...

I'll definitely post my results. I haven't mounted it yet, but with a long weekend coming up...

This is the rifle that has been used as my trigger eval/test platform. My Grendel of course.

It doesn't have the monopod anymore. I decided to remove them as I like bags better.

Comment

• js8588
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2017

Not a Grendel but since we're sharing pictures, this is the rifle in which I have my Triggertech/Christensen arms "truss trigger" installed 22858376_730464927149738_7783370073460178944_n.jpg

Comment

• wilecoyote
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by js8588 View Post
                          Not a Grendel but since we're sharing pictures, this is the rifle in which I have my Triggertech/Christensen arms "truss trigger" installed [ATTACH=CONFIG]10229[/ATTACH]
                          I almost bought the truss trigger, but ended up going with just the curved. I like the grooves machined into the trigger, they're nicely done. If this performs as nice as it looks, then I have a winner to have in all my precision rifles.

I was tempted to wait and put the Triggertech in the 6mm Creedmoor I've got in progress. There's no way I'll be able to last that long without trying it.

Comment

• js8588
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2017

I almost bought the truss trigger, but ended up going with just the curved. I like the grooves machined into the trigger, they're nicely done. If this performs as nice as it looks, then I have a winner to have in all my precision rifles.

I was tempted to wait and put the Triggertech in the 6mm Creedmoor I've got in progress. There's no way I'll be able to last that long without trying it.
                            You'll buy another one. I'll pick up a 2nd one when I get one of the Proof Research 20 inch stainless 6.5 Grendel barrels early next year.

By the way, just ordered an MBT this afternoon. They're back on sale for $100 and at that price (as per your review) it'll work fine for my Irons-only trunk gun build.

Comment

• wilecoyote
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2013

Sounds good. Give it a try, it may work better for you than it did for me. I've thought about an MBT in my carbine, I'm just stubborn and keep a standard trigger in it keeping it pretty basic.

Comment

Working...
                              X