X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilecoyote
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Mine, again feels like my 1911. The distance for initial stage is shorter than most with the exception of the AR Gold. It feels lighter than the Geissele's, CMC and a lot more than the MBT. The break is real crisp. There's that increase in pressure when the second stage is encountered and it breaks. Only way i can desribe it is this... A guy that was shooting a highly customized 700 shot my AR10 one time that has the AR Gold installed in it. After the second shot he turned grinning ear to ear and said the trigger is awesome, you don't know when that stage is going to break and click it does. Everything being short, light and smooth allows for what seems like quick operation and no large amounts of pressure and time to get muzzle movements increasing.

The reset was similar. Short distance with a light feel. There's a nice audible click that can be felt. This is one area where the MBT was real strong and in the mix of the top of the list. The sound and feel of the MBT are really good. Issue that detracts from that is the long distance, weak feel and gritty feeling. In my review of the MBT someone said it fits their needs and works well with gloved hands. Gloves would certainly mask a couple of these issues especially the almost sandpaper feel.

The bow width on the Triggertech is nice. Doesn't have that thin feel of the AR Gold. The vertical serrations that are stacked provide positive placement and movement. No chunky or edgy feeling and/or no thin more localized pressure like the AR Gold or MBT. The Geissele is smooth faced, but I like the shape and texture of the Triggertech a little more. I'll echo the control sentiment and experience.

Overall a good trigger. I don't feel the money was misplaced. My feeling is I got a good value and a deal at its sale pricing and NOT a feeling that the price or on sale price is what the item should cost or is basically worth. I can see buying another of these without hesitation.

Comment

Working...
    X