• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Who has bought from Boyd's Gunstocks?

Might just be my shopping karma, as just about everything 65 Grendel has been a hassle for me.

Order placed on the 31st, still nothing but order confirmation when it was supposed to be a 5-7 (business days) process time, and 3-5 in shipping.

Going through the usual polite calls (no response) and emails.

Just want to know if it's just me, or they have a track record of this.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
  • JethroBodine
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2017

I haven't bought from Boyd's but have from Stocky's Stocks for a 10-22.

Did they show what you ordered "In Stock" ?

Stocky's as well as other vendors sometimes wait until they get enough orders to do a run of a particular style. I'm not sure what that magic number is but they say it saves them set up time and supposedly you money. If they are going to do that they should be up front and let the customer know.

Stocky's has a pull down menu to show what they can ship immediately and you usually get in within a week of ordering.

I haven't read any bad reports on Boyd's as to quality and shipping delays. I hope they get this straightened out for you. I know how frustrating it can be waiting for parts.
    Last edited by JethroBodine; 11-16-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Nick
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

I've tried to order a stock from them a couple years ago. Left several voice mails and emails. Still waiting to hear back

Comment

• Lone Hunter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
        Might just be my shopping karma, as just about everything 65 Grendel has been a hassle for me.

Order placed on the 31st, still nothing but order confirmation when it was supposed to be a 5-7 (business days) process time, and 3-5 in shipping.

Going through the usual polite calls (no response) and emails.

Just want to know if it's just me, or they have a track record of this.
        I ordered a Boyds AT-1 for the Howa Mini Action in 6.5 Grendel. It took about 2 wks to get it. The only thing I heard from them was when it shipped. I think that is what they said they would do when I ordered it. Another guy on here Bill The Loader ordered one and had it sooner than I did. The only problem with the stock and it really was no problem is the barrel channel needed to have some taken out and the bottom metal area had to have a small amount removed. The stock in that area was a little thicker and I had to dremel a little bit out. It was picking up rounds 1-3 but not rounds 4&5. After that it fit
        perfect and cycled fine. I would rather there be too much wood or laminate there and have to remove it than not enough wood there.

Comment

• HowaGrendel
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2017

I bought a Boyd's a couple years ago for a Mossberg MVP and had it within 2 weeks and it fit like a glove....I recently ordered a AT 1 for a Ruger American Predator 6mm Creedmoor....it took about 2 weeks to get and it had several issues.....the front V-Block/Recoil lug hole did not line up with hole in stock and receiver....I had to do some dremel work to get all 3 holes lined up so I could bolt action into stock.....the magazine lock tab area was so tight you had to use a flat tip screwdriver to get magazine out....I had to open up magazine well and do some dremel work in lock area so magazine would go in and out without a lot of effort....I had several days of emails with Boyd's about the issues, the issued me a 30 buck credit on my CC for the issues....they wanted me to send it back, but I decided to make it work....I would probably use them again knowing I may need to make some adjustments....the stock is nice for the money...

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

I have three now, the first or second one was for my 6.5 Creedmoor and it took a while IIRC since I asked for some of the laser engraving and etching stuff on the sides... it finally came in and is great, the other two shipped quickly b/c they were a bit more "stock" of design... I like them fine, the one for my Howa needed some inletting but shoots really well.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Earl Keese
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2017

I have two. One for a Marlin 17HMR and another for a Win M70. The M70 required a tiny bit of inletting(5 minutes), the other fit perfect. Both arrived within 2 weeks.

Comment

• Bill the loader
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

Got Boyds laminate for Howa mini, took 2 weeks

Comment

• Dinny
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2016

Mine took 2 weeks to get a shipping notice. That's typical for Boyd's. Once you get it those 2 weeks will be just a distant blurred memory.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• pinetreebbs
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2013

I ordered their At-One stock for my Howa 1500 Mini heavy barrel. It took about two weeks. It was just what they said it would be.

Comment

• Sticks
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2016

Two weeks seems to be the consensus, and as it would happen, last night I finally got tracking info - it ships today...I hope.

They need to get their lead time straight. I am not that much of an instant gratification guy, but darn it, when you state a lead time, and you don't meet it. I get a little bitchy.
                      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• just_john
                        Chieftain
                        • Sep 2012

Ordered an AT-1 on 5 Aug, received confirmation on 5 Aug, received shipping notice on 8 Aug. Had no problems with that at all!

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

How much is shipping for the Boyds stock?

Comment

• bowhunter
                            Bloodstained
                            • Nov 2017

Between myself and my room mate we have 4 boyds stocks. Ive had a mixed experience with them, some of the stocks have taken quite awhile, sometimes they are hard to get ahold of, and other times they pick right up. all of them have fit like a glove besides the one ordered for a howa 270 win. it had lots of play, but was fixed with a bedding job. My room mate recently ordered one for a 22-250 and he had that thing in a week.

Comment

• SDguy
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2015

Personally, Mixed experience over the years & they seem to be steadly improving in general. Last two stocks I have ordered over the last three years came in 2weeks and 3 days most recently. Quality has been good in general certainly not stellar.
                              This is a busness with some seasonality to it. With that in mind I would expect some delays in peak seasons. More rushed the guys are that are getting the job done for you and perhaps less experienced you may see see some degree of quality hick-up that may also turn to into a shipping delay.

Bet there employees like to hunt also which may turn to a staffing issue in what may be a peak demand timeframe. Just my perspective. Sorry to hear about the lack of service or return calls I am seeing reported here.

Comment

Working...
                              X