Relentless Hogs - Another Pregnant Sow with Hornady SST 123 gr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Relentless Hogs - Another Pregnant Sow with Hornady SST 123 gr.

So I am hunting on his high fence ranch where they did not stock the hogs and don't want the hogs. Hogs got in many months ago and I am working to keep them down. There are the occasional daytime hunters that will pick off a hog once in a while, but it would seem that I am doing most of the killing, and it isn't enough. This is a real pity as this is basically a big cage. No more are supposed to be getting in and so ideally this is a battle that could be won, but I fear they are about to start out pacing me me. This is the second pregnant sow I have killed. In short, they have a lot of places to hide and there is plenty of water, food, and cover. Even when I see a group, chances are, I am only going to get a single shot before they disappear on me.

Before somebody suggests traps or running dogs. A trapper has been there and managed to keep trapping the exotic game. That did not go well with the owner. Dogs are not an option because of the potential danger to the exotic game. So shooting is the only current option, per the land owner.
    Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 11-16-2017, 11:58 PM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • IescapedCali
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

You got seven in one blow. Nice work. Thanks for always telling the story, along with the video. I always learn when I watch you do battle.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

DNS - as I have mentioned previously, when you feel like your position is being over run by the enemy, just send up flares and a bunch of us will come running to bail you out.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by IescapedCali View Post
        You got seven in one blow.
        Said Jack the Giant Killer!
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Les
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

Nice as always DNS.
          Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• 85redsled
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2017

Nice shot and Vid! I am amazed at how fast the whole group can disappear. I have seen it many times myself. Keep up the good work, you are facing an incredible challenge as a breeder sow can drop 12 twice a year. Good luck and check those fences to make sure they do not have another hole somewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X