Came to grendel forum because I recently purchased one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill the loader
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

Came to grendel forum because I recently purchased one.

As the title states, recently purchased grendel and joined Grendel forum to educate myself on loading for and shooting it. Been on other forums and there is always someone who seems to find fault in others. Apparently it's the same here. Thought the horde may be different, but it is not so. Think I've learned enough here. Really enjoyed exchanging ideas with most of you.
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

After doing my investigation I have no idea what you are disappointed about.

Go on get it off your chest.

We are here to listen
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

He's upset at klem

Comment

• lrgrendel
        Warrior
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Bill the loader View Post
        As the title states, recently purchased grendel and joined Grendel forum to educate myself on loading for and shooting it. Been on other forums and there is always someone who seems to find fault in others. Apparently it's the same here. Thought the horde may be different, but it is not so. Think I've learned enough here. Really enjoyed exchanging ideas with most of you.

I actually agree with Billtheloader.

I am a “big boy” and you can’t really hurt my feelings but after what I post here there may be the usual smart ass comment.
        I was actually going to post something similar to Bill but I was waiting. This “ blog” has deteriorated recently and has become similar to another one we all know on the internet.

You ask a genuine or specific question and you always get a smart ass comment totally unrelated or an opinion you did not want.

There are a couple of threads going on right now with the garbage I am talking about.

6.5grendel.com has changed recently, and not for the better.......

I hope the moderators chirp in here and add something.

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Bill, don't quit. I almost quit a few times for the reason you state.

There are a few of us out here that want to hear novel ideas and use them or not.

There will always be people who are unsatisfied with your choices.

Sometimes it is even fun with the friendly or unfriendly banter.
          Last edited by bj139; 11-17-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
            He's upset at klem
            I hope not.

If Bill wants to charge $2/rd from his friends and they are willing to pay and everyone's happy then all good. But, if as he says one of them took umbrage and he's looking for moral support then pardon me for pointing out .243 factory ammo at Midway is half the price. Perhaps his friend reacted that way because he's charging twice what the shops charge.

Bill, you must admit you did start a thread with an opening vignette designed to set the scene (the loose scope mount), then finished with your friend being upset at $2/rd, implying this was unreasonable, presumably because you helped him with his scope mount.

Personally, I am a little different. I would help a friend and perhaps even a stranger with their scope mount and would not expect something in return. For example, accepting money in the form of a higher price for reloads. I would also not charge friends for my time. If it was business however it would be entirely different. Business is an offer, an acceptance and consideration to make the deal legal. Trust exists, but the exchange is immediate and lacks altruisim.

I am sorry if your thread did not go the way you hoped Bill but I meant no disrespect. I just have a different opinion.

Comment

• PVBoom
              Warrior
              • Oct 2017

After reading this thread I am tearing up.

Well, not really.

Comment

Working...
              X