X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Hunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Kinda funny also,they have always listed an accuracy load and a hunting load. Didn't see either one of them. I guess it's a start. Sierra needs to step up their game or their going to get left behind. I have always liked their bullets but they need to make some changes quick. The leaves are going to fall out of all the laurels their resting on.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by pinzgauer View Post
      Just amazed to see they did not list the 3-4 top Grendel powders. Not the first time, I called one of the mfgs (Accurate) to ask why they did not last 2520 for Grendel. All they would say is they did not recommend the powder. That was pre CFE. And 8208 was less known in Grendel circles.

I wonder if the big reloading book manufacturers start with what the powder manufacturers recommend unless it's one of the very well-known Legacy / classic reloading formulas.
      Accurate definitely has AA2520 load data now. Their old data didn't list it, but they updated in 2014 with many more powders than before.

We updated Volume I with the newest data from Accurate in the 4th Printing. It's a lot more comprehensive than their previous data.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• GaCop
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2017

Found some of that Power Pro Varmint in a LGS. Have test loads made up with 120 grain SMKs. Will see how they do Friday or Saturday.

Comment

• joedirt199
          Warrior
          • Jul 2015

Yeah I used varmint in my 223 when powder was hard to find and it did alright. Description for it said it liked lighter than 55 gr bullets but it shot alright for me. Only had a pound so not a lot to play with.

Comment

• Brett
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by GaCop View Post
            Found some of that Power Pro Varmint in a LGS. Have test loads made up with 120 grain SMKs. Will see how they do Friday or Saturday.
            I am interested to hear how it works out for you.

Comment

• cb4017
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

I find the TAC data interesting. I have a bunch on hand I use for my 77 gr 5.56 loads. Think I'll try it.
              Cliff
              USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

Working...
              X