• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stumpjumper3d
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

mini magzine

I don`t ever post anything, but this rinky dink floor plate and mag is getting to me. Hunting this afternoon picked gun up to look at a deer not big enough and put gun back in my lap look down and mag is hanging half out must have touched release when I pulled gun up. I come home go to shop find a mini bungee strap drill to little hole in bottom of mag to hook bungee cord to goes over scope. Looks like it will work fine but looks like crap. This was the 3rd time I`ve had this happen. When i`am walking with gun I`am always feeling of mag to make sure it`s still in. I like this gun but I hope Howa will come up with something else for a floor plate.
  • RockWarrior
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2015

You can do what some of us have done and trim the mag release down. Just leave 1/4 in or a little bit less.

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

Here is the link to a discussion.

Hi All What's the consensus on the best length to shorten magazine release lever to that still works? Dropped a magazine in the field today just by bumping it. I realised at the time, but I am sure it will happen again if I don't do something to it.... Thanks :)

Comment

• jason miller
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

I'm hoping all of this aftermarket stuff that Matt has mentioned starts coming to fruition. Even with sanding the release lever and modifying the magazine to be flush fitting, I'd much rather simply have a better option. And $209 or whatever for aftermarket bottom metal for a $350 rifle isn't quite what I've got in mind. Maybe if PTG would make one for $100...

What I'd like to see is a BDL style floorplate. Or, ideally, an aftermarket stock that weighs 24-28 ounces with a blind magazine. I've said it before, but if Howa can get Hi Tech stocks for their standard 1500 short action, it seems that getting one inletted for the Mini action should just be a matter of getting together a big enough order for Hi Tech to make them...

Comment

• RockWarrior
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2015

I agree I would much rather have a BDL on one of the two minis I have. like you I am not going to pay 200 for a BDL bottom metal. You should at least trim the mag release. It an easy job and help tremendously. I carried the rifle for two seasons now with the trimmed down mag release and haven't had one accidental drop of the mag.

Comment

• Nodak
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

I fixed the whole guns issues I had with a MDT LSS chassis. Expensive but I truly enjoy this rifle over all others.

Comment

Working...
            X