Clear All
  • ty_hooper12
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Magnifier Question

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

The CounterStrike is 5.5” long and around 13 ounces, a little heavy by the time you add a magnifier. I think the Aimpoint T-1 or H-2 are a better candidate for a magnifier. If you already own the CounterStrike I’d look at Primary Arms magnifier and flip to the side mount.

I personally prefer a low power variable scope to the Red Dot and magnifier. I have a Strike Eagle but was very tempted by the PA 1-6 and ACSS reticle. At least if you buy a cheaper magnifier from PA and don’t like it you won’t take to big a hit if you try to sell it.

You can get scopes that are the 2.5-10x32 or 2.5-10x40 that are similar or less in length and weight than the 1-6 and 1-8 scopes. I have been very pleased with the speed of target aquistion with a 2.5 power scope but like having the 10 power magnification. Changing zoom on a variable scope is probably just as intuitive as using a flip mount magnifier.

I think it boils down to your priority, absolute close quarters speed or a little distance for varmint hunting where magnification will be beneficial.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-20-2017, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• ty_hooper12
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

I would go with a 2-10x or a 1-6x. 3x is a bit much magnification at point blank. 2 is doable. I attended an advanced carbine course and ran my Mk12 with a 2-10x. Takes a bit to deal with the magnification (I shoot both eyes open), but once my brain got trained, it was as easy as a red dot...though shooting support side, scuba prone and the rifle rotated 90*clockwise was interesting.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
        X