• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hansel&Grendel
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

Leupold VX-6HD 1-6x24 CM-R Reticle - User Opinions Sought

I hope to have Form 1 approval in about 2 more months for a 6.5G SBR featuring a Criterion 11.5" barrel. I'll be happy with 600 yard capability with a Nosler 129g ABLR. I have my eye on the Leupold VX-6HD 1-6x24 with the CM-R Reticle. My primary concern is if the Leupold illumination is daytime bright for CQB. I know that it's not going to be as bright as my Aimpoint T-2. Anyone with any experience with this scope, especially if the illumination is suitably daylight bright? Also, I'm sold on a scope having as close to true 1x as possible. Open to other recommendations as well, although I really like the 13.4 ounce weight of the Leupold.

Thanks,
    Hans
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

I actually almost bought one this morning. It's the scope i have been eyeing for my sbr for a couple months. Everything i read is that it is daytime bright but unfortunately i can't find one in person to look at.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

The Leupold Fire Dot is one of the brightest on the market. Just make sure that whatever you get, it has the Fire Dot if you want daylight brightness.

CM-R reticle is a horseshoe with stadia, not daylight bright. Not great for precision or shooting groups, but good for hitting man-sized silhouettes at different distances and close range.

What the CM-R lacks in brightness, it makes up for with thickness of the horseshoe so you can still have a relatively fast close quarters sight.

Another thing to consider would be a Vortex Strike Eagle or other 1-x variable at a lower price point, with an offset or piggy-backed micro RDS like a J-Point, Leupold, Trijicon RMR, etc.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X