• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kansas
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

Heyheyhey from Kansas

Got my Grendel in Feb 2016 ... thought I had registered here before, but apparently not, couldn't post when I tried to a couple of days ago so finally registered.

I first had a Sig762 Patrol but eventually their "proprietary" business model (having a problem? Send us your rifle !) wasn't working for me ... if I had a problem I needed to fix it ASAP, not in a month or so ... and mostly they would not sell any spare parts ... so I sold it and ran a bunch of numbers and wound up picking an 18 inch barrel grendel upper ... I really liked the fact that it would run on a 5.56 lower and that really only the barrel, bcg and mags are different ... I also liked that the AMAX123 I would be shooting would be going transonic at 920yds drift at 600 27 inches) versus the 168AMAX I had been shooting out of the 7.62(16) was going transonic at 800yds (drift at 600yds 29 inches). In the field fully loaded both weigh(ed) around 14 pounds but felt recoil seems/ed a little lighter on the grendel ...

Here is the grendel when she was brand new ... with a Zeus Pro 100mm 4x 640 on top ...

==

There she is in modern times at 685yds firing position ... I shoot off tripods a lot around here due to the vegetation and the terrain ... using 12x24 (IPSC-D) steel silhouettes ...

==
    And there she is last night after returning from shooting heated steel at 500yds

==
    Thru scope image ...

===
    So needless to say, I am a big 6.5G fan. That said, I am having a stove pipe issue I'd like to post about ... but I will do that separately ...

Anyway, glad to finally be here !!!
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Well, Kansas! Welcome to the Clan, from the Great Nation of Texas! You have a really nice looking setup. What part of Kansas are you in?

Comment

• kansas
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2017

Wabaunsee ... in the flint hills ...

We have cattle

and chickens

Amongst other things on our land ...

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

Welcome!
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum kansas!

Comment

Working...
          X