• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Gruff
    Chieftain
    • Apr 2012

A Grendel-Max goat

We were away for the last couple of days into the high country and got a nice bag of rabbits early on then spent a couple of days after the goats and while we saw a number of small mobe they were very quick to depart as there had been a big bomb up on them the previous week. I did end up getting one as did my hunting buddy so it was successfull in that respect but to be in the mountains is a spledid way to spend some time and a restorer of the person. My Grendel-Max performed wityh its usual aplomb and the a Max at about 85 yds had the goat DRT. She was facing my with a slight angle and uphill from me (1 tp 7 if I was at the 6) and the bullet entered between the shoulder blade and the rib cage, sipped betweena coupke of ribs, took out the liver and exted under the backstrap with less than half a handfull of loss due to bloodshot. Anyway here are a couple of short videos
    A 360 degree look at some of the more open country we hunt but even though it is open it is still very steep and hard walking with a lot of rock, tussock and very spikey scrub

In the bluff system where it is over a 1000 yds almost straight down in places we sometimes get onto them but it can be a really hard slog to retrieve them from down in there.

A different area where I ended up getting onto one from a small mob

I carry them out gutted and deheaded to dress back at the truck and get only clean meat ready for the freezer to take home.

Ready for the carry out after the head gets taken off.
    Last edited by Von Gruff; 11-24-2017, 03:47 PM.
    http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
    Acts 4:10-12
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Von Gruff

The videos are showing unavailable.
    Very nice description of your hunt though.

Comment

• Von Gruff
      Chieftain
      • Apr 2012

Sorry guys, I had uploaded them as private instead of public but have changed that so you should be able to see them now
      http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
      Acts 4:10-12

Comment

Working...
      X