Clear All
  • Commander184
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

HTXH, thanks much! But I'm too dang cheap. Midsouth wants $33.52/100. Cool. Shipping $11.87. Uh, maybe I'll wait until I combine a bunch of stuff. . . .
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

NR
        Last edited by bj139; 12-19-2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
          HTXH, thanks much! But I'm too dang cheap. Midsouth wants $33.52/100. Cool. Shipping $11.87. Uh, maybe I'll wait until I combine a bunch of stuff. . . .
          Or when they do free or flat rate shipping!
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• HowaGrendel
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2017

It's only money, keep it in circulation......lol

Comment

• Niles Coyote
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2016

This just arrived...

Velocity testing 107 loaded to 2.258, this leaves them jumping .097" in my JP's chamber. 18" barrel, rifle gas.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

NC, you win! First of the Horde to get these and test them!

Thanks for report.

How much of bearing surface or shank is out of the case mouth when loaded to 2.258? Trying to get an idea of nose length, bearing surface length, boattail length, overall length.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• thedudeabides
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2016

Why do all the ones but for the far right in the picture appear to have flattened primers? Is that something with the CCI 400s having a thinner cup?
                  18" .264 LBC BHW fluted barrel

Comment

• xlcc
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2016

I am curious as to why your case heads look black.Is it the photo or a feature of a gas gun?Your primers look like they are starting to flatten as well.How is the accuracy on your trials?
                    Those bullets certainly look like they'll do the job.Lucky you to receive a new product so quickly.

Comment

• Niles Coyote
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2016

How much of bearing surface or shank is out of the case mouth when loaded to 2.258? Trying to get an idea of nose length, bearing surface length, boattail length, overall length.
                      Hope this helps. Its hard to get a measurement.

thedudeabides,
                      I think that is due to the lighting and angle of the picture, when I looked each one over with my magnifying glass they all appear to be the same. Some as noted below also have more black residue on them than others causing them to appear different too.

xlcc,
                      These cases have been fired a few times and because of that I used a black marker on the case head and primer (primer just cause it was there and in the way) so that way I would be able to see any new pressure signs. The primers all still have a good radius on them and are not flattened. For 28.9 & 29.2 I did see the beginnings of ejector marks, though I could likely delay those a bit by changing my gas setting, buffer weights and/or spring weight. I am using a first gen JP SCS while using the standard weight spring (black IIRC).

Also, this was strictly a velocity test watching the velocity curve, pressure and extreme spread. Shots were fired in my bullet trap, not at paper. Think of it as a different way to get the same results as an OCW. There are two likely nodes, the wider one between 28.0-28.3 (which probably will start around 27.8) and 28.9-29.2, the top one had me crushing into the powder a bit so I am going to try out the lower one first.

If things work out in the morning I will be punching some holes in paper with 27.8-28.4 in .2 grain steps. I've also loaded some extra at 28.1 to see where the BC falls at distant steel targets.
                      Last edited by Niles Coyote; 12-21-2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Niles Coyote
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jun 2016

BluntForceTrauma, also I meant to add, my length to the lands with these are .057" longer in OAL compared to the 107 SMK, so these have a longer nose

Comment

• jackwagon
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2017

Niles coyote , judging by your username/ location its nice to see another Grendel fan in the Michiana area.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2014

Evening all -

I loaded up some of these tonight with 1 grain less than max charge of TAC.

Took some measurements:

Bullet in a cutaway case to obtain distance to lands: 2.3985”

Subtract magazine length 2.260” which would indicate a jump of .1385”

The bullet itself is 1.2050” in length and .2635” in diameter

Using light behind the bullet I was able to trace over the part is the bullet that is ~ .2635” in diameter

Here is the bullet seated to mag length , the neck is properly positioned over the marked bearing surface

Here is an idea of case fill for an estimated load at 2630 FPS

I’m getting a Magnetospeed for Christmas so I’ll get velocities sometime over the next couple of weeks

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Cool info, HTXH! I think I'm gonna like this bullet.

Although I wish they'd make them dead on 0.264. Bullet makers finesse their specs to account for out-of-spec barrels. Barrel makers finesse the specs of their bores to account for out-of-spec bullets. Round and round we go. Just make stuff to spec!

Comment

Working...
                              X