• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65Whelen
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

WTB, 22-250 Headspace Gauges

I know it's not Grendel related but does anybody have a set of 22-250 gauges they'd like to sell or rent to me. This is a one time usage project, doing a barrel swap on a Savage.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I have no affiliation with this company but the price seems fair. Might be an option if no one else chimes in.

Comment

• 65Whelen
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Thank you VASCAR2. I highly recommend reamerrentals.com. Easypeasy, they send the gauges with a return label. Get your job done and put them back in the mail. I received the gauge needed, set the headspace and got the gauges back in the mail same day. $25, $7 for the gauges, $18 for shipping. Beats having to buy them.

Comment

• Maddvaper
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2016

You know you can Head space a chamber with a sized piece of brass and masking tape on the case head. One piece is .005 which is a go and two is .010 which is a no go. I try to set them around .007-.008 .

Comment

• 65Whelen
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Yes, that's one way of doing it but no I'm not comfortable doing it that way. Especially on a gun I will be selling.

And besides, reamerrentals.com even sent a complimentary pen.

Comment

• Singleshotsam
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2016

NOT what you are asking for but did you know a 6.5 grendel round will chamber abd FIRE in a 22-250, not something I would have thought of but I saw it happen, not to purrty!!

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Singleshotsam View Post
              NOT what you are asking for but did you know a 6.5 grendel round will chamber abd FIRE in a 22-250, not something I would have thought of but I saw it happen, not to purrty!!
              SSM:

Not the place for the post and please guys, do not respond here.

LR55

Comment

Working...
              X