• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basinman
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2017

Hello from the swamp lands of South Louisiana

I have gained an interest in the 6.5 Grendel since I heard about it. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun and I love it so I figured the next thing to do was to get a 6.5 Grendel upper for my AR. I just ordered a Bear Creek 20" upper and was wondering if anyone else has experience with this brand. I will be using it for whitetail deer hunting in south Texas. I will shoot Hornady 123 grain SST ammo until I get have enough brass to start reloading for this rifle. I figured I would try to duplicate the Hornady load if it shoots well. I have been reading any and all information I can find about the 6.5 Grendel and any knowledge I can gain from this site is greatly appreciated.
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

I bought a bear creek barrel to test and it shot the sst and eld into an inch or less reliably at 100 yds. It was the 18” hbar 5R. Didn’t like the weight so traded back to store for 16” m4 profile and it shoots about 1-1/2” at 100 with the sst. I wish these companies would get off the m4 profile and just turn a barrel the same diameter but without the 203 cutout. Just my thoughts.

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum basinman! Numerous threads on BCA barrels and uppers. Google custom search of the 6.5 Grendel is an easy way to find threads of interest.

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, basinman, from the Great Nation of Texas!

Comment

Working...
        X