Range Trip, great day. The silhouette targets got beat up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Range Trip, great day. The silhouette targets got beat up.

Folks,

Went to the range today with the Howa Heavy Barrel with the MDT chassis. Topped with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical. 4x12x42, conditions were clear no wind, 70 degrees. I was using the Cavity Back Bullets, 118gr MKZ over 30.5 CFE223, X 3 fired Hornady brass, #41 primer, COAL 2.255. Travel at about 2460fps.
    I shot from 200-600 at silhouette targets, one of the targets was a 4 inch swinger at 400 yards!!!!!. It was very challenging, 13 inch pig silhouette at 600, 5 inch at 300. I could see the bullet impacts on the steel because of the copper smudge lol. This is without a doubt the best bolt combo I have ever owned, the accuracy, the light weight of the MDT chassis. Very happy, A2
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Glad to hear! Makes me think I need to find me a 300 yd range to play around in.... then maybe farther out....
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• usmcm16a2
      Warrior
      • Aug 2015

gray,

I could not believe a 4 inch round at 400 yards. My load with the MKZ is .56 inch at 100 yards. A2

Comment

• paulw
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2017

Great report A2....
        Makes me anxious to get mine finished & shootin.... Won't see 70 and calm around here for awhile tho.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Not to hijack your thread usmcm16a2 but how do you like the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12X42?

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

When are you going to post pictures of these!?!
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
              Warrior
              • Aug 2015

VAS,

Love it. Plenty of MOA, set zero. Use the reticle for hold overs, 600 yards is easy. A2

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Thanks a2, I looked at the Vortex Tactical at a gun shop and it looked pretty good inside the store. Not always able to get a good perspective from inside the store, kind of wish it had an adjustable objective but still decent priced optic.

Comment

Working...
                X