• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

KynShot hydraulic recoil buffers

Anyone have thoughts / experiences with these?

Let's go Brandon!
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

Good question. I wonder how much quieter they are than the JP SCS though. Since the KynShot uses the standard buffer spring, you will still have the cheese grater sound of the spring against the buffer tube. The other question would be how long the seals last. If it starts to leak you going to have some unknown fluid down into your lower. They claim 10 years or 1 million rounds. Sounds kind of like a car warranty.
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
      Good question. I wonder how much quieter they are than the JP SCS though. Since the KynShot uses the standard buffer spring, you will still have the cheese grater sound of the spring against the buffer tube. The other question would be how long the seals last. If it starts to leak you going to have some unknown fluid down into your lower. They claim 10 years or 1 million rounds. Sounds kind of like a car warranty.
      Not so much worried about noise as I am recoil management with a very light rifle. The only build where I even notice the cheez grated sound is my 300BLK Carbine and that’s likely because it has a linear comp on it. In the builds where I have SCSs, it’s more for smoothness / recoil management - the sound abatement is just an added perk. They do have me spoiled.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Frontier Gear
        Warrior
        • Nov 2017

I notice the spring noise the most in my rifle length buffer tubes. The SCS does spoil you. It really works and makes the rifle sound and feel smoother. A JP SCS along with a drop in trigger and some nice furniture makes it feel like a whole new gun. I'm not sure if they are worth the money just to "feel" or "sound" better if your'e not trying to tune out a problem, but I do like them. Let us know if you get the KynShot. I'm really interested to hear your review.
        Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
        X