• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smitty79
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

Grendelhunter Upper

Hi all, sorry I haven't been able to get back to you about how my Grendelhunter Upper performs. Haven't had time to shoot it till today between work and North Dakota weather. Short on time today, so I only ran 20 rounds of Hornady Black through it, but it functioned as it should, and accuracy seems promising. The four shot group was the last 4 rounds, prone from a bipod. Brass ejected at about 4 o' clock in a nice little pile 3 feet away. However, all the brass is slightly dented at the case mouth. Over gassed? The only other issue I had was the bolt occasionally not locking back on an empty magazine, but I've had that problem before with the Troy mag release.
    Attached Files
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Comment

• Smitty79
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2017

Good to know, thank you. I'm not set up to reload yet, but hopefully after the new year I can start.

Comment

• tracker12
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

What Upper did you get?
        AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

• Smitty79
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2017

It's the 22" fluted upper with 15" keymod rail. He now has the option to get a black nitrided version, which I'd prefer, but I'm happy. I can always paint it later if I want.

Comment

• Randy99CL
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Smitty79 View Post
            Good to know, thank you. I'm not set up to reload yet, but hopefully after the new year I can start.
            Just wanted to let you know that RCBS and Hornady both have amazing rebates that expire at the end of the year. I took advantage of the "spend $300, get $100 gift card" from RCBS and am getting 100 free 40cal Hornady bullets for spending $32 on a die set.

I was planning to wait to buy my reloading equipment until January but the rebates got my money now.
            "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Schrambo
              Warrior
              • Oct 2016

If you're shooting off of ICE and can shoot that group, I'd say that's a shooter...

Comment

• Smitty79
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Randy99CL View Post
                Just wanted to let you know that RCBS and Hornady both have amazing rebates that expire at the end of the year. I took advantage of the "spend $300, get $100 gift card" from RCBS and am getting 100 free 40cal Hornady bullets for spending $32 on a die set.

I was planning to wait to buy my reloading equipment until January but the rebates got my money now.
                That's awesome, thank you. I have a buddy with a complete reloading set up he will sell me, but I'm sure ill need dies and a few other miscellaneous things.

Comment

• Smitty79
                  Unwashed
                  • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Schrambo View Post
                  If you're shooting off of ICE and can shoot that group, I'd say that's a shooter...
                  Haha thanks. It was also only 20 degrees that day, so I was dealing with cold hands and a runny nose. It will be nice once weather warms up so I can have a full day to really see how it shoots.

Comment

Working...
                  X