• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65Whelen
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

$75 Trigger?

Can anyone recommend a good, doesn't have to be an excellent trigger just a good quality shooter for $75 max. This for my brother's AR, he has a stock trigger which is terrible and a high end target trigger would be lost on him. He lonely shoots it couple times a year. So, for a Xmas present $75 is all I want to spend. Besides it's not even a Grendel.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Hard to beat an ALG Defense ACT single stage. My Brother uses one on his three gun AR-15 and he really likes it. I think he put a lighter JP hammer spring on his (maybe yellow hammer spring).

I have several,Rock River Arms National Match two stage triggers. The RRA NM can usually be found for $80 or less. I have used several RRA lower parts kit with the National Match trigger. These can be bought from Joe Bob’s out fitters for around $150 with free shipping.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-02-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• paulw
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

+1 on the ALG ACT.
      I have one in a 5.56 pistol.

Comment

• Redomen
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

+2 on ALG ACT-I put one in my sons birthday build and it runs very smooth.

Comment

• jackwagon
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

I also have an ALG ACT on one of my builds. +3

Comment

• Blackblue
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2017

On sale https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Ri...ut_p_4657.html

Few bucks more
            With a fast reset, a smoother, crisper, lighter trigger pull, the single-stage trigger group is easy to install.  Key Features: Single-stage • 3.5- 4.0 lb. pull weight Quick reset for faster response time between shots Lightened trigger pull with super-crisp release to improve accuracy Curved skeletonized trigger for function and comfort Self-contained design makes it easy and quick to install with no fine-tuning needed  High tolerance components with black oxide finish on trigger, hammer and disconnect Precision CNC and machined from high-grade 7075-T6 aluminum Contained in JMT’s signature blue anodized aluminum housing with laser etching Note: The set screws should not be tampered with. Any attempts to modify the trigger will void the  warranty. Made In the USA Anti-Rotation Pin kit Included

Comment

• pinzgauer
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

+1 ALG ACT, it's my go to trigger now unless I do a 2 stage

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                Warrior
                • Jan 2017

PSA NiBo EPT, add a JP 3.5lb spring (or not) & Bob's your Uncle for an outstanding single stage... On sale OFTEN for $30.

DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Fredman
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I’m going to argue with the $75 max��. I like the Larue trigger so much, I have 3. $99. Remember, when you upgrade ARs, the nice trigger can follow. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Jakegsxr11
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by AZHTfreak View Post
                    PSA NiBo EPT, add a JP 3.5lb spring (or not) & Bob's your Uncle for an outstanding single stage... On sale OFTEN for $30.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...d-trigger.html
                    This would be my suggestion for under $75, otherwise spend $99 when the Larue is on sale.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

I recently added a Larue MBT 2S and for $99 they are worth the extra price!
                      Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-05-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• zcostilla
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2017

My son has the RRA that was in his LPK, and it’s certainly one of the better stock AR MIL-SPEC triggers. I can’t soeak for the others that were recommended.

That said, while I certainly understand and respect building your AR on a budget (I’m doing the same), but after the barrel/bolt, the way the shooter interfaces with the trigger is the next most significant factor in accuracy. A little extra cash here goes a long way. Below is a link on drop-in triggers. The RISE Armament trigger is $122 at Brownells. Yes, it’s almost twice your budget, and again, if it’s a hard budget, then pass on it and spend the cash somewhere else. But if you can save a few bucks more, you’ll find your opportunity to shoot better will be well worth it.

As for me, I originally had my heart set in the AR Gold, because I knew I wanted a 2-stage trigger, because the take up is for me an added safety measure while still maintaining a crisp break. But after reading this article, I settled on the Triggertech, especially after seeing over 20 YouTube reviews (although many were on the Remington 700 platform, but much of the technology is used in both trigger platforms). It has a shorter first stage, and a more consistent pull from shot to shot. I’ve only shot my lower with the Triggertech once, using my son’s 223 upper with a red dot, but the feel is far better than a MIL-SPEC and I shot 20 rounds in about 30 seconds and had roughly a 4” group (at 25 meters).

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Ultimately, the choice is yours to make, and whatever you decide upon, I hope you find one you won’t regret and have to make an additional purchase. The advice I give my son’s when buying any tool or important products is to make sure you buy the best one to suit your needs that you can afford. While that certainly doesn’t have to be the most expensive, you generally get what you pay for in terms of quality.

Best of luck in your build. Look forward to seeing your pictures.
                        -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

I bought this since I needed a LPK for another lower.

This reduces the cost of the trigger to around $80. People say it is the same as the Rock River.

I would definitely buy it again.

Comment

• PVBoom
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2017

Joeboboutfitters currently has hiperfire triggers for 60.

Comment

• Torquaholic
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2017

I just posted a thread in the classifieds for my BCM-PNT-Trigger-Assembly. It is very lightly used, and I think the price is right. Feel free to contact me if you're interested. Thanks.

WTS-BCM-PNT-trigger-assembly-40-shipped-to-US

Comment

Working...
                              X