• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deershooter
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

two deer with lehigh defense 110 cc

I don't usually post because I'm not good with computer. However I wanted to share some results with the Lehigh Denfense controlled chaos 110gr. in the grendel. My load is IMR8208XBR @ 29.0gr. in Lapua case with CCI BR4 primer.
    Both deer were at 135 yards measured with Leica rangefinder. Both were around 120# live weight. Both deer ran approximately 100 yards after shot.

Deer #1...Doe standing quartering toward with left side presenting. Bullet entered mid height center of left shoulder and exited between 6&7 right rib. Exit wound inside was about 2" on the inside of ribs but very small hole in the hide. Both lungs were destroyed. Two small shrapnel lacerations were found in lung.

Deer #2...Doe standing broadside with left side presenting. Bullet entered about 3" of of brisket line in the shoulder "pocket". No exit was found nor the bullet. Heart was actually hanging in three pieces. This time we found 3 shrapnel wounds...2 in lungs and 1 in 4&5 rib space.
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

I guess you don't have to take your copper supplements if using these bullets.

Comment

• Von Gruff
      Chieftain
      • Apr 2012

How was the meat result as far as bloodshot loss goes.
      http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
      Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• deershooter
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2016

To BJ139 we don't get to eat the deer. They MUST be donated to charity food. But the donation butcher shop has some kind of grinder plate that has a "collection" port that somehow gathers bone chip, bullet fragments, etc. I don't know how it works but it does.

To Von Gruff...The bloody trauma doesn't seem to be any worse than when hit with 123SST or 100TTSX

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

I don't think there is any problem with copper poisoning.

I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_toxicity

It doesn't seem a problem.

I am sure I have eaten more than a few lead pellets from shotgun hunting with no ill effect, I think. Now what was I typing?

Comment

• Dinny
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

123gr SSTs are far cheaper too.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• deershooter
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

Deer # 3...143 yards doe...hard quarter forward, left side presenting. Bullet entered low, junction left shoulder/neck . No exit, lungs destroyed and 1" hole through heart. Dear ran about 30 yards

deer shooter

Comment

Working...
              X